Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Allegro search starts again.....

Well starting the search all over again. Looking around for another Allegro.
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

How long did the last one take?
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

Like 10 years. I know of one in Ohio threw a fellow member here. It's just trying to get ahold of the owner, not the easiest.
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Looking for a second needle in the haystack doesn't sound fun! Good luck.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Good luck with the search, I hope you don't have to wait as long this time!

Are you going to get a different boat to use in the interim?

Yep another needle search for sure TitanTn. Yea been looking at Pontoon boats, nice family rig do some camping fishing and huntin off.
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Do you have any idea how many they made? I have never seen one before so I am always on the look out but have never spotted one. Curious how many ever made it out of the factory. Guessing they had the same stringer issues so wonder how many could be left. Fun looking boat.
    1984 Supra Rider

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Do you have any idea how many they made? I have never seen one before so I am always on the look out but have never spotted one. Curious how many ever made it out of the factory. Guessing they had the same stringer issues so wonder how many could be left. Fun looking boat.
    I seem to recall a single digit number being thrown around as the production number. I'd be surprised if they made so few having gone to the trouble of getting set up for one, but then who knows. I think a lot of records were lost when Supra changed hands, too. I suppose Lane here might really know, but it's almost certainly fewer than 100, quite possibly fewer than 10.

I'd say the odds of finding one without the internet would be about zero. But it's almost just a matter of time if you cast a wide enough net on the interwebz these days.

There was 11 of the Allegro's made. I got that from the original Supra Boats, owners son a few years ago. He did say they where made to order and not a full production boat. There maybe one or 2 more than that out there but he was pretty sure it was 11. He remembered my Allegro at the factory, when it was being built. He believes mine was a middle build number 5 or 6. I have a original sales flier with a Allegro in it. You can see some of the differences as far as interior and space depending on the engine that was in it.

Mine was a PCM 454, so I had less room around the rear bench. But if you had one with the Ford small block you had more room.

I don't think I would want one with the Ford Small block, even mine with the big block and the factory prop, she could struggle with take off if I was loaded down.

I'll post some pics of the flier when I get a chance.
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

This flier came with the '87 Salt I just purchased from the original owner. Includes the Allegro.

IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    '87 Saltare