Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got a little work done finally!

Well, finally got some time off work, been averaging 23 days a month away from home since November. That sucked,..
    Got the boat in to the fiberglass shop to get some repairs and a full buff. I got a couple dings out at the Texas moomba/Supra jam last year.

Don't have a pic of the scratch or the trailer bite for some reason.
    Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

I figured while he's got it lifted I'd rebuild the trailer! New wood and carpet and a 1.5" lift. To get the boat above the trailer fenders. I also dropped the fenders 1.5". No more trailer bites!

And of course my beautiful helper on the carpet... she wrapped all the ends like a pro! I can't wrap a Xmas present without resorting to duct tape!

No poles on the trailer?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have them off sitting in the garage at the house... that's not the reason for the trailer bites. Lol

Hm, dont know how youre hitting the fenders if the poles are there...

I did have an issue with my old 98 comp, and my ski brendella. I actually tagged the trailer on the nose with the comp, and the p.o. tagged my brendella. I was about ready to redo the bunks and raise them...

It was simply my fault. If the trailer is too far into the water, you will go over it, and you will hit.

The trailer should be high enough that the boat hits the bunks and stops you before you come to the bow stop. If not, pull the trailer out of the water higher.

For my, both boats seemed to like it when the front of the fenders were out of the water by a inch or two. Any further in and i was almost guaranteed a hit.

Now with any ranp, any wind, and current, it loads no problem. As long as you aim for the middle, you are golden

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice boat. I have the same boat same color. Yours is a little shinier. My trailer fenders had drywall screws holding the carpeted guides is place. They rusted and came loose and then started digging in to the hull. Made some nasty gouges. She's in the shop getting fixed now. Might have to raise my bunks like you have. Keep us posted how that works out.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

NorCal... these 24SSV's are just so dang wide at the middle the poles don't really do anything once the boat is on the trailer. There's a solid 10" from pole to boat on either side.
    Plus on top of that, the boat mate trailer under these '06's is absolute dogs**t. Even boatmate put a release on line saying they messed up. Why you you put a boat low enough on a trailer to go between the fender wells when there's maybe 1" clearance either side if you get it lined up PERFECTLY... that's just insanity.
    And Gogger, yessir my fenderliners are held to the fenders with small sheet metal screws. My problem was the boat was getting over to one word pulling it outta the water and the hull was catching the liner and tearing it off the screw. Then the screw sat there and ate into the hull while you drive back to the boat barn!

I'm taking the trailer up to the shop at 1000, hopefully it goes back on the trailer today. I'd like to drop it at the stereo shop this afternoon!

No more scratch!!

Did Supra have a name for that red?
    Looks good!

I have no idea... lol
    He ordered the gel from them and it was too light so he modified it.