Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They are also sold online. Probably waterskis.com or that skidim.com site.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    Is the impeller spinning when pump comes on or is just the shaft turning? The little plastic impeller can slip in the shaft sometimes.
    No idea...interesting...I will have to look. But once the water gets going it will empty the bags.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV - Indmar 8100/496HO
    - 1235 Prop
    - 1180 center bag and 950 rears
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo
    - RGB cup holders and drain light

Tow Mule - 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    When I first purchased my boat, the driver-side rear drain pump needed replaced. It didn't turn on. The Rule pump was ?$50? from the dealer.

Testing the existing one or replacing it, you will probably need to take it out to check the impeller.

I have read the same thing. Shortest distance works best.
    Thanks for the insight. The pump definitely turns on. I also read that orienting them horizontal can help. I have spare pumps though just in case.
    - 1235 Prop
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo

Quote Originally Posted by BADS24SSV View Post
    No idea...interesting...I will have to look. But once the water gets going it will empty the bags.
    Let me toss this out there, have you looked at the hose from the pump to the discharge port?

Next time it happens, blow hard into the discharge port and see what happens.

I would suspect, an air lock either in the impeller chamber or the discharge hose. Assuming the impeller is working properly.

Might there be a dip/drop in the discharge hose? That might create an air lock which will prevent the pump moving water. Check the angles of the hose or shorten that.

I've heard of people taking them apart and not putting them back together correctly. Something was reversed, thus the impeller spun the wrong direction. Not your case.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 03-23-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

BTW - not saying that is the solution.

2018 Supra SL400

Let me toss this out there, have you looked at the hose from the pump to the discharge port?

I would suspect, an air lock either in the impeller chamber or the discharge hose. Assuming the impeller is working properly.

Might there be a dip/drop in the discharge hose? That might create an air lock which will prevent the pump moving water. Check the angles of the hose or shorten that.

I've heard of people taking them apart and not putting them back together correctly. Something was reversed, thus the impeller spun the wrong direction. Not your case.
    Thanks, I will look into the hoses. I have tried blowing and "drawing" or siphoning and that has helped get it started. So definitely an air in the circuit issue.
    - 1235 Prop
    - Suck gate
    - Big stereo

I also did a sprinkler valve replacement once and still had a similar problem. From my lawn irrigation experience, these valves have a diaphram which requires pressure to stay closed. If there is insufficient pressure they may not close all the way. They are also extremely sensitive to tiny bits of debris which often bypass the filter and mess with the diaphram.

Rather than mess around with the main pump, which can be easily replaced, I am installing 1" electric ball valves first. Provided you buy a 2 wire model, they are either open or closed - period. Should be a bullet proof solution as I have heard from others the results are good.
    Last edited by tkutrich; 06-26-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: grammer
    Owner of 2006 Supra Launch 22SV Gravity Games