Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Saltare got a new wrap this winter

Added another M770's to the tower and M880's to the interior

New steering wheel

New CNC prop

Redoing the ski locker to accommodate 800lbs sac

Finishing it off with a new surf platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started the stereo work on the new SR. 4 Rev 10's, JL sub, and some amps.

I'm planning a similar project for the ski locker on my 98 Saltare soon. What sac are you using and how are you planning to outfit the locker? Any weight planned for the front?

Thanks!

Mine's new to me, so I'm still trying to get to just needing regular maintenance. Then upgrades.

-Replaced exhaust flaps and platform pins
    -Added new Bimini cover
    -Replaced trailer guide-ons
    -Replaced Fusion Head
    -Installed hot water shower
    -Remounted drivers seat (for quick removal)
    -Added new wakesurf board rack
    -New spare
    -Installed docking & transom lights
    -Replaced trailer boards
    -Installed shore power port
    -Purchased battery charger
    -Rerouted cables and wires
    -Remounted amps and charger
    -Installed new batteries
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

80 plus degrees in South Ga already!

Today I replaced a two wire bilge pump with a 3-wire one...
    I had two bilge switches on the dash, "Bilge 1" was wired to the pump originally.. "Bilge 2" led me to believe I had second pump but that turned out to not be true. I thought I had found the switched positive wire for "Bilge 2" but it was actually 12v bridged to the non-switched side of "Bilge 1" switch terminal.. so I moved things around on the switch block so that it triggers on "Bilge 2", so I now have "Bilge 1" that is manual, and "Bilge 2" which is auto. Took longer than I wanted, but it works!

Next up is re-mounting the blower motor (it was just laying there, rattled like crazy) and replacing all the rear exhaust hoses (because it was all deteriorated into nothing). Glad my boat didn't blow up last season. I did have fresh fire extinguisher though.

After that, I need to evaluate the shaft seal.. it lets in water waay to fast. Once I get her in the water, I will see if I can just tighten it up a bit or if it needs to be replaced entirely.

Then I've got some small items to tend to, like replacing some missing rubber lining in the wake board racks, rewiring the wakeboard speakers.

Was hoping to get all my seats re-done but my budget didn't agree.. May still try to get it done before June..
    Last edited by PBWolf; 04-16-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    1996 Supra La Brisa

Before...
    IMG_1771.jpg

...and 90% after. Still needs 2 more coats.
    IMG_1957.jpg
    '87 Saltare

My boat needs two finishing touches as a result of last year chasing an overheat issue that resulted in cutting up perfectly good floor over not so good mufflers. I need to carpet the new floor and also recover the doghouse base as I am not a fan of the look of the previous job I hastily did. That is it though, hoping for a full season of use without any major issues.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Cal99 View Post
    I'm planning a similar project for the ski locker on my 98 Saltare soon. What sac are you using and how are you planning to outfit the locker? Any weight planned for the front?

Thanks!
    I removed the plastic insert and starting to fabricate reinforcements around the gas tank. I used 1/2 HDPE sheets to make a new insert that is wider and should accommodate a Sumo Sac 800

I have a 500 built in the playpen storage area but I have found I don't need it as much as I thought I would. Makes the pocket longer but drops my wave height too much when it's completely full. So I would say 250ish if we don't have a lot of people on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by laine.fury View Post
    I removed the plastic insert and starting to fabricate reinforcements around the gas tank. I used 1/2 HDPE sheets to make a new insert that is wider and should accommodate a Sumo Sac 800

I have a 500 built in the playpen storage area but I have found I don't need it as much as I thought I would. Makes the pocket longer but drops my wave height too much when it's completely full. So I would say 250ish if we don't have a lot of people on the boat.

Thanks for the reply! That is essentially what I am doing in the rear locker. The aluminum gas tank is quite stout so I don't expect it to need too much reinforcement. I assume you mean the 800# sumo long? The other one would likely not fill all the way.