Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    344 0872A

Zk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    344 0872A

Zk
    I got nothing , but 12-15 psi is correct out of the injectors , 32 psi line pressure to regulator then to TBI . Find the fuel pressure regulator and see if you get a part number and cross reference specs

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    I got nothing , but 12-15 psi is correct out of the injectors , 32 psi line pressure to regulator then to TBI . Find the fuel pressure regulator and see if you get a part number and cross reference specs

I had yet to think of that - good idea. Should be up next to the throttle body correct? Or maybe even built in?

Zk

Yes looks like a little can , it will be in line to TBI . That won't let anything more than it needs .

I was wrong , fuel press regulator is part of the TBI , its in top of the throttle body itself , its sits between the 2 boosters in the back .

I was wrong , fuel press regulator is part of the TBI , its in top of the throttle body itself , its sits between the 2 boosters in the back .

I'm going to look once it warms up a little bit this afternoon. I've been chatting with Larry the Engine Nut and now I think I understand what you're saying. The line after the HP pump leading to regulator has to have 30 pounds of pressure in it, the injectors put out around 12 pounds of pressure. Correct?

I'm going to look once it warms up a little bit this afternoon. I've been chatting with Larry the Engine Nut and now I think I understand what you're saying. The line after the HP pump leading to regulator has to have 30 pounds of pressure in it, the injectors put out around 12 pounds of pressure. Correct?
    Yes , and if you have a amp meter you can check the load that the pump is putting out during running condition to verify its within range of the fuse rating .

Yes , and if you have a amp meter you can check the load that the pump is putting out during running condition to verify its within range of the fuse rating .

Thanks for sticking with me on this. New development. Got new pump, plugged it in, turned key, fuel pump fuse blew. This was the original issue. For shits and giggles I unplugged the low pressure pump, plugged in the high pressure pump, replaced fuse, turned key. High pressure pump ran and fuse did not blow. Switched the pumps and the same outcome. Only one pump will run at a time without blowing a fuse. I officially have a headache.

Zk

Thanks for sticking with me on this. New development. Got new pump, plugged it in, turned key, fuel pump fuse blew. This was the original issue. For shits and giggles I unplugged the low pressure pump, plugged in the high pressure pump, replaced fuse, turned key. High pressure pump ran and fuse did not blow. Switched the pumps and the same outcome. Only one pump will run at a time without blowing a fuse. I officially have a headache.

Zk
    Are they supposed to run at the same time ? I'm in aware on how your system operates , but if the fuse is blowing right away , check the wiring first , and then find out the amps that the circuit is pulling during load application . Can you clarify why it has 2 pumps and how it all works so I can better understand ?

Are they supposed to run at the same time ? I'm in aware on how your system operates , but if the fuse is blowing right away , check the wiring first , and then find out the amps that the circuit is pulling during load application . Can you clarify why it has 2 pumps and how it all works so I can better understand ?

Sure. From the tank runs a fuel line to the low pressure pump. From the low pressure pump runs a hard line to high pressure pump. Fuel filter threads on to bottom of fuel pump. High pressure outlet to throttle body. Return line to tank. From what I've read the low pressure pump just puts out enough psi to feed the HP pump. Around 3/4 psi. I believe they do run at the same time. Engine Nut says both pumps run off the same fuse and same relay. As I said before I can only run one pump at a time without blowing that fuse. Ordered the low pressure pump in case that's the prob. Both do run though when separately tested.
    Here's a picture for reference.

ehy

Zk
    Last edited by Zkdk3000; 03-23-2017 at 09:26 PM.