Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    You need to know what your fuel PSI is . That's where you started and that's what has been touched , the pumps may be too much . . As too speak to a tech and get a opinion , but I would want to know fuel pressure and then start there , cause it sounds like there is too much fuel pressure and it's just dumping . Look at the TBI open the air filter and look as it's running . Smother it with a rag and see if the two boosters are still feeding fuel .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said it has to be at least 30psi at the rail right?

Zk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    You said it has to be at least 30psi at the rail right?

Zk
    Yes , but the regulator could be bad as well because of the other pump that you put on it could've blown the bits apart inside , but I would definitely put a gauge on it and if you go to Harbor freight nearby they got a cool little set up for about 20 bucks

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Yes , but the regulator could be bad as well because of the other pump that you put on it could've blown the bits apart inside , but I would definitely put a gauge on it and if you go to Harbor freight nearby they got a cool little set up for about 20 bucks

20 bucks?! Shit I'll def be picking that up tomorrow! Found a mastercraft shop that has the software to scan an Indmar (thank god). Dropped it off and they scanned it - diagnosed the high idle from lazy IAC. Other than that there was a code for low voltage from TPS. Said fuel pressure at the rail was within spec so the good news is im using the correct high pressure pump - as for the regulator if I can find a part number cross for a Chevy I'll replace it. Shop guy said he can't get from Indmar they no longer make. Should I be looking for a "rebuild kit"?

Zk

20 bucks?! Shit I'll def be picking that up tomorrow! Found a mastercraft shop that has the software to scan an Indmar (thank god). Dropped it off and they scanned it - diagnosed the high idle from lazy IAC. Other than that there was a code for low voltage from TPS. Said fuel pressure at the rail was within spec so the good news is im using the correct high pressure pump - as for the regulator if I can find a part number cross for a Chevy I'll replace it. Shop guy said he can't get from Indmar they no longer make. Should I be looking for a "rebuild kit"?

Zk
    Just look up for a 95-99 blazer with a 5.7 L and look for fuel pressure regulator , that TBI was very common on those models .

Just look up for a 95-99 blazer with a 5.7 L and look for fuel pressure regulator , that TBI was very common on those models .

Okay Lively, I am back to 100 percent and running like a top. After mastercraft guys scanned the ECU they found faults for TPS and IAC. Bought the cross reference car parts from oreillys, they installed them and viola. They also changed my plugs. Thanks for sticking with me through this - I couldn't have done it without your knowledge. Much appreciated.

Side note: IAC from Indmar was 385, same part at oreillys was 54. TPS from Indmar is around 120, from oreillys was 35. Voltages at plug are the same.

Zk

Cool thread to follow.

2018 Supra SL400

Default Fuel pump not running, blown fuse

Okay Lively, I am back to 100 percent and running like a top. After mastercraft guys scanned the ECU they found faults for TPS and IAC. Bought the cross reference car parts from oreillys, they installed them and viola. They also changed my plugs. Thanks for sticking with me through this - I couldn't have done it without your knowledge. Much appreciated.

Side note: IAC from Indmar was 385, same part at oreillys was 54. TPS from Indmar is around 120, from oreillys was 35. Voltages at plug are the same.

Zk
    No prob man , that's why this forum is here . I love it when i can come to the forum while I'm over brainstorming things , lol kinda keeps me sain at times ! Glad you got things buttoned up and running ! Enjoy !

Last edited by lively; 04-04-2017 at 12:35 PM.