Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    Sure. From the tank runs a fuel line to the low pressure pump. From the low pressure pump runs a hard line to high pressure pump. Fuel filter threads on to bottom of fuel pump. High pressure outlet to throttle body. Return line to tank. From what I've read the low pressure pump just puts out enough psi to feed the HP pump. Around 3/4 psi. I believe they do run at the same time. Engine Nut says both pumps run off the same fuse and same relay. As I said before I can only run one pump at a time without blowing that fuse. Ordered the low pressure pump in case that's the prob. Both do run though when separately tested.
    Here's a picture for reference.

ehy

Zk
    Well if it was me , I would ohm the pump motors out to see what they read and then find why the circuit is feeding so many amps . Let me know because it's almost either there is blockage or the relay is not shutting off when it's satisfied for start up . Idk I see why they use the low press pump it's just a little feeder from the tank . But to blow a fuse while both are on , high Amps or blockage or little of both maybe . With out a meter or some ohms readings idk . Let me know what you find !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    Well if it was me , I would ohm the pump motors out to see what they read and then find why the circuit is feeding so many amps . Let me know because it's almost either there is blockage or the relay is not shutting off when it's satisfied for start up . Idk I see why they use the low press pump it's just a little feeder from the tank . But to blow a fuse while both are on , high Amps or blockage or little of both maybe . With out a meter or some ohms readings idk . Let me know what you find !

Okay good news and bad news! Ordered the low pressure pump and installed it. Both pumps run when plugged in without the pump fuse blowing. Bad news is when it fired up after a couple seconds the idle started to shoot up to around 2500rpm as if I was giving it steady throttle. It then suddenly bogged out and died. The pump I installed was the p61171 120psi static and 43psi max running. I think the pump may be too powerful and flooding the system. After the initial start boat would not start but once every 20 or so cranks and only for a second, would fire and bog out immediately. I also picked up the p5001 pump 30-50 static 9-22 running psi which I'll try next after I let the system sit with battery unplugged for several minutes and try firing it with the 61171 installed.

Zk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

Sounds good , guess the pump was just had to much amps

Sounds good , guess the pump was just had to much amps

Switched the pump to the 5001 and it fired right up. So in conclusion I used the 4389 Carter for low pressure and p5001 Carter for high pressure. Only issue now is a high idle of 1000rpm pre-throttle at start up and 1500 post-throttle. I already changed the TPS sensor. This issue existed before the pump failed. Any ideas what to look for?

Zk

Quote Originally Posted by Zkdk3000 View Post
    Switched the pump to the 5001 and it fired right up. So in conclusion I used the 4389 Carter for low pressure and p5001 Carter for high pressure. Only issue now is a high idle of 1000rpm pre-throttle at start up and 1500 post-throttle. I already changed the TPS sensor. This issue existed before the pump failed. Any ideas what to look for?

Zk
    Air leak , take some brake clean or starter fluid and spray around intake and mating surfaces where gaskets seal the two parts , or what is the linkage adjusted too ? Can you adjust it ?

Air leak , take some brake clean or starter fluid and spray around intake and mating surfaces where gaskets seal the two parts , or what is the linkage adjusted too ? Can you adjust it ?

I will start it and check for leaks near the intake. Here's a picture of linkage, and also is that the IAC in the second picture? Could that be the culprit? And I do have perfect pass which seems to be operating normally.

If you disconnect the cable from the back where that latch is that hold it . If you remove that and let the cable loose does the idle change or does it stay the same ? IAC does control most of the idle circuit , but just a quick check of things like air leaks and linkage adjustment should firm up the dial and how much have you driven the boat ? Run a couple good laps and just return to neutral and see if rpm drops

If you disconnect the cable from the back where that latch is that hold it . If you remove that and let the cable loose does the idle change or does it stay the same ? IAC does control most of the idle circuit , but just a quick check of things like air leaks and linkage adjustment should firm up the dial and how much have you driven the boat ? Run a couple good laps and just return to neutral and see if rpm drops

You're saying to remove it on the right side there where that latch type mechanism is? Because I can't figure out how to. I was just going to spin the cylinder Nut off on the left. I sprayed carb cleaner around the base of the throttle body with no change in idle. Visual check of all vacuum lines looked good. I've never driven it I've only owned it a couple months. Trying to get it water worthy so I can test everything under load.

Zk

I unhooked the cable at the Nut and no change in idle. A separate issue I'm now seeing is possible fuel out the exhaust and maybe even in the oil. I've called the local Indmar certified shop and they don't have any room to get me in.

Zk

You need to know what your fuel PSI is . That's where you started and that's what has been touched , the pumps may be too much . . As too speak to a tech and get a opinion , but I would want to know fuel pressure and then start there , cause it sounds like there is too much fuel pressure and it's just dumping . Look at the TBI open the air filter and look as it's running . Smother it with a rag and see if the two boosters are still feeding fuel .