Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is best brand of wake shaper?

Before you say it, I did use the search button. And I found a lot of topics about this. But I didn't find one that said what is your favorite brand so that people could easily enter their replies. Plus I'm about to buy one and I want to know which one works best. 24-foot SSV.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Quote Originally Posted by garyholl View Post
    Before you say it, I did use the search button. And I found a lot of topics about this. But I didn't find one that said what is your favorite brand so that people could easily enter their replies. Plus I'm about to buy one and I want to know which one works best. 24-foot SSV.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    If you get any replies let me know. I've got the same boat and want a shaper as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built one for my 06 24SSV... but I'm not happy with it. I can't make it stick to the boat well since our hull sides have that curve to them. I usually have to tie a docking line to it off the tower foot. I'm thinking of ordering the nautiCurl. I really like the looks of it. It's flexible at the shaper end and can bend a little. Reminds me of a top fuel dragster kinda physics going on with it. The pull will be behind the suction cups and it'll try to lift from between them.
    Other than that, i dunno, the 24 is just not a great surf boat without an extreme amount of weight and a shaper.
    At the jam last year I had 9 adults and full bags with the shaper and it was awesome, and I never thought I'd out weight my prop, but I did... lol

Overkill is underrated...

'06 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games

Here's a video of the SWELL Wakesurf Creator behind a 21v.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kxi0hm1rf...2021V.MOV?dl=0
    Adam
    SWELL Wakesurf
    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

I bought the NautiCurl this winter when it was on sale and looked keen and I was wishing I was boating. I haven't tried it out yet on the water.
    It sinks and that is a disadvantage I hadn't thought much about before buying.
    There is a line that can secure it to the back hitch, but I'm worried about it jumping up and smacking the boat. Maybe I'll tie onto the back of the swim deck.

Gogger owns a 2006 Launch 24'. I've surfed off his boat over the last few summers. He also pulls a bunch of people at the Surpra Event in TN each summer. He has the BB 496 motor. Lots of torque, no pulling issues on that boat.

He upgraded to the 1100s a few summers ago. It had a good surf wave then. That was one locker and the center bags.
    At the end of last summer, he was running a suck gate. Said it worked fine. He did not mention the device falling off the boat , but get him to weight in on that.

I do not think I would buy one that is 90'. A slight angle will divert the water and not have so much pressure on the slide to cause it to slide off.

Well I received a suck gate from southerngrounds late last year. Did have a problem with the suction cups sticking to the hull. I moved it up about three feet from rear where the hull flattens out. Once we get it stuck in the right spot it's good. Makes a huge difference in the wake. With the 1100 bow sack and 1100 in the rear and a couple people in that corner it's a huge wake. I know Brandon is selling his suck gates so I will let him know to comment on this thread. If I get a chance tomorrow I will post with and without videos I made last fall.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Well I received a suck gate from southerngrounds late last year. Did have a problem with the suction cups sticking to the hull. I moved it up about three feet from rear where the hull flattens out. Once we get it stuck in the right spot it's good. Makes a huge difference in the wake. With the 1100 bow sack and 1100 in the rear and a couple people in that corner it's a huge wake. I know Brandon is selling his suck gates so I will let him know to comment on this thread. If I get a chance tomorrow I will post with and without videos I made last fall.
    I got Brandon's number if you want to text or call him. Shoot me a PM.

He did have a web site. Not sure what number is listed there. SurfPlates.com

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by scottschmitt View Post
    I bought the NautiCurl this winter when it was on sale and looked keen and I was wishing I was boating. I haven't tried it out yet on the water.
    It sinks and that is a disadvantage I hadn't thought much about before buying.
    There is a line that can secure it to the back hitch, but I'm worried about it jumping up and smacking the boat. Maybe I'll tie onto the back of the swim deck.
    I bought the same one, B/C of price and guarantee/ warranty till July to try it out.

Post up some reviews when you hit the water.

2018 Supra SL400