Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I use one from surfwedgy.com
    works great and they seem to know there stuff.
    suction system and was cheap
    All plastic and stainless now we can surf!

Honestly, if you want the absolute best, experiment. It has nothing to do with the shape of thr device. It also has nothing to do with where its placed (kind of, I'll get back to this statement). All that matters is Delaying of the convergence! You can strap a blow up doll to the side of the boat, and if it displaces enough, itll work...

Now, a bigger blade displaces and delays more. The closer you get to 90 degrees also displaces and delays more. The closer you are to the back corner, the more delay you get...

So apply that to the devices. Some may be bigger, some may have more angle, but in the end, they all may end up being placed in a different spot. In the end, the wave is the same.

Because my hull, and i wanted consistency and easy adjustments to the wave, i went with a nautique inspired plate. It comes out 90 degrees to the hull at the corner, and sticks out about 2"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I use one I bought off eBay after I didn't have time to make one myself. I wasn't going to spend over $150 for these devices. Anything above that is just a waste of money in my opinion.

Found Inland Curl (look on eBay) and was simple and $140.00 with some shipping. I got it and did not work the first time I tried to use it. With curved hull, suction cups could not stick. I contacted the guy. He gave me cell number. We talked and he said he didn't take returns but send it back and he would modify it for my hull. So I did. Within two days it was back in my mailbox.

I tried it out just before Supra reunion and oh my, what a difference it made. Also, it has never come off the side of the boat, not a once while we are surfing. Doesn't budge. It does have the teather cord because it will sink but after hours and hours of surfing, I often forget it is there. My wave isn't perfect but had rave reviews at the Supra reunion. I love it because I have four family members that are goofy footed and it takes all of two minutes to swap sides of boat. No listing, full ballast, tall wake.

So, what's your time worth? Sure I could have spent less on parts but wasted an afternoon (or two) of my life building the same thing.

I believe if not mistaken two other forum members have bought from same place after my referral. Inland Curl may have a Facebook page as well you can look up.
    I recommend this guy because he was stand up and apologetic about it not working from the start. He said he would take care of it and indeed he did. He even texted me several times to get follow up results. Couldn't be happier!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

A cool feature is having something that will float.
    If it does not fall off, no big deal.

Not sure what forum it was, someone attached a few orange GoPro floaty devises. It was a good idea.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    A cool feature is having something that will float.
    If it does not fall off, no big deal.

Not sure what forum it was, someone attached a few orange GoPro floaty devises. It was a good idea.
    Good idea MJHKnox! Yeah, may play with adding floaty devices in the off season. The cleat is right above where I mount it so still no big deal to me. Probably have 30+ hours usage with this wake shaper and has never fallen off.
    Only thing I'd like to try now is offsetting the faceplate to push further down in water.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

To revive an old thread. I do offer two versions. Standard version that does not float, as well as a floating version. Some guys want to save a few bucks, so I have the budget minded version that doesn't float, and then one that does for a few more dollars for the guy that demands nothing but the best!
    Inland Curl wakeshapers

Quote Originally Posted by InlandCurl View Post
    To revive an old thread. I do offer two versions. Standard version that does not float, as well as a floating version. Some guys want to save a few bucks, so I have the budget minded version that doesn't float, and then one that does for a few more dollars for the guy that demands nothing but the best!
    Any discounts for forum members? I am in the market for a wakeshaper

Quote Originally Posted by davec17 View Post
    Any discounts for forum members? I am in the market for a wakeshaper
    Hit them up on Facebook or email. Tell them you found out on the Supra Forum.

[email protected]

Call 931-581-5378

https://www.facebook.com/inlandcurlwakeshapers/
    2018 Supra SL400

I have been using the WAKE SHIFTER for 2 years. NO problems.