Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For poops and laughs, we will call this a 4 ohm nominal speaker, which it is, depending on where you looks. So, this means each speaker is going to receive the amp's potential of 100W rms each, 400W rms total. Set to hi-pass and about 120hz and gain set right, you are getting about all that setup has to offer.

Sticking with that amp, I would suggest 2 pair of 8" coaxial, like the Kicker KM8. You get added mid-bass as well as output. Added benefit, they come loaded with RGB LEDs that you can leave unconnected, connect single color red, blue or green, or with all 3 and add an RGB controller.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by 4alkings View Post
    Amp that I currently have running tower speakers is Kicker KXM400.2. I'm guessing that I will need to upgrade this as well.
    Ok all the pieces...
    if you keep the amplifer and drop to two 8" coaxial speakers in new pods, they will be severely under powered. Keep the amp and add 4 new 8" in new pods and your still under power for a tower set up. These can be Wetsounds icon8, JL's 8.8 or even Kicker KM8. Will they be louder than the current 4 polks? Yes the 4 will be a tad louder and produce a tiny more bass but you will be leaving some output on the table without upgrading the amplifier as well. It is really all about what you want and want to spend.
    Your cheapest route isn't always the best route sometimes.

I'm not looking for the cheapest solution. I don't necessarily want an obnoxiously loud system. Really looking for quality of sound, ability to hear when surfing, and equipment that will hold up over time.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Hi David,
    I have the same boat and wonder what you ended up doing with your system.