Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First try at wakesurfing

IMG_0213.jpgOur first try at wakesufing was a success, we all got up first try and two (kids) out of three went ropeless! I researched how to build a wave, built a suck gate and here's the wave. Since we've never tried it or been around anyone else doing it, I realized I don't know how good or bad my wave is. Judging from my son the longboarder, we've got a pretty good one. Any opinions from the experienced?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKcz4IBDHgI
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

I meant to post this in Wakesurfing, can I move it or is that something a moderator has to do?

Mod has to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Looks real good for your first time out.

If you add more weight to the front, it will get longer. But you may loose push.

What are you running on weight?

2018 Supra SL400

Most of the time I was full, two 800s in the stern lockers and 800 in the front locker. The video shows my son getting a little too far back and then catching back up a couple of times, I assumed that meant the wave was pretty long. It also seemed like it didn't change much with less weight in back. I had to bump the PP up to 12.2, plate down to get it to take that good shape. I've never calibrated the PP though so it may not be that fast. Lots to tweak!

Nice looking wave. That's really nice for first time out. I'm a little jealous that you are able to surf this early in the season. Temps have not moderated enough here yet, and I'm chomping at the bit.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Congrats! Looks Great!
    Adam
    SWELL Wakesurf
    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Stillski View Post
    Most of the time I was full, two 800s in the stern lockers and 800 in the front locker. The video shows my son getting a little too far back and then catching back up a couple of times, I assumed that meant the wave was pretty long. It also seemed like it didn't change much with less weight in back. I had to bump the PP up to 12.2, plate down to get it to take that good shape. I've never calibrated the PP though so it may not be that fast. Lots to tweak!
    The big items to play with:

Speed - 10.5 to 12.5 is running range.

Weight - try the opposite side at 75/85% with the surf side 100%. Usually 800-1100# are good for the surf side. Sounds like you are with your family, so I wound not worry about getting too much weight.

Shifting weight - play around with weight in the front.

Suck Gate - I've always tried to keep that as far back as possible. When underway, take a look to see how it's pushing water.

Sounds like you are AHEAD of most people on the forum.

I've seen boats out, but I just noticed the first wake-boat backing down the ramp on Saturday. High 70s in Knoxville. Signs of Summer.

IMG_0217.jpg My Suck Gate stayed on well, I went with design to help hold it on. Inadvertent testing by letting the life jacket tied to the tether fly out and drag in the water, and then the 35 MPH I forgot to take it off speed test! Never moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillski View Post
    IMG_0217.jpg My Suck Gate stayed on well, I went with design to help hold it on. Inadvertent testing by letting the life jacket tied to the tether fly out and drag in the water, and then the 35 MPH I forgot to take it off speed test! Never moved.
    Do you attach it to the boat with a cord/tether line?

Or use the bouy-ball if it flies off?

2018 Supra SL400