Default Impeller Replacement

I have a 2008 Supra Launch 22SSV with the Indmar 325. I want to replace the impeller this spring and it is the first time I will be doing it (just bought the boat in September 2016). Could I get the correct impeller replacement (I believe it is Johnson #09-812B) but wanted to make sure before I ordered it. I called a local dealer, but they wanted the serial number from the engine to confirm. The boat is still shrink wrapped, so I don't have anyway to get to it right now. Also, has anyone used the impeller puller? Is it worth it to buy it as well?

thanks.

I`ve never used the impeller puller. You should be able to pull it out by hand with a twisting motion. Or you can put vise grip on fin and work it out if that doesn`t work. Call skidim they can tell you which impeller you need.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Ditto what foxriverat said. A pair of needle nose vise grips come in handy if you can't get it out by hand. Be careful with the cover bolts - don't over tighten.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

Impeller pullers are easy to use. They lock down (2 bolts) on center hub/rubber section. Then you have a 3rd bolt to crank on. That pulls it out.
    Works great on the huge pumps, not exactly necessary on the smaller ones.

You make the call if the tool is worth it. You are going to buy a tool ($50-$75 bucks) to use once every 2-3 years?

Not for me, I use needle nose and it works fine. Since you are getting rid of the old one, who cares what condition it's in when you pull it out.
    I've never ripped one pulling it out.

Use a new gasket
    Clean/scrape the inside of the brass top
    As said above - do not over-tighen

This is how easy it is:

http://www.inboardonline.com/how-to/

I have an impeller puller and it works great, but is hard to position on my boat due to the exhaust. This year I tried to remove without the puller, and couldn't get the sucker out. What I found was that the rubber fins were somewhat stuck to side of her housing. I took a small screwdriver and slid it between the fins, and then gently (without touching the screwdriver against the metal housing) pushed on the fins. I could hear a small pop as each fun was broken free of the housing. After I went around and did all the fins, it slid right out. Good luck. I always spend more time than I thought I I should changing the impeller. It's still easier than dragging to the boat place and leaving for service, not to mention the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pull my impeller for every winter. I reinstall in the spring. If you see the way it sits, with half the blades smashed flat, you'll see why I do it.

If the impeller has been in for a while, it sticks and is often a pain to get out. Often I have ripped the blades pulling out impellers that have never been removed before. After the "first" removal, I coat the splines with petroleum jelly and after that they slide in and out with little effort.