Default 1990 Supra Comp ts6m help

Hey everyone I just bought a 1990 Supra Comp and have a few questions?

1. Where do you buy or find an instrument cluster panel because mine is all cracked?

2. Exactly what kind of engine is in my boat I have hear it was a 302 V8 and also heard it was a 351 V8

3. As far as wake performance, what is the metal plate underneath the swim platform that is fixed but looks like it should or could move to tweak the wake?

Any help would be great,

Thank You.

1. Your best bet will be buying a used one from a crashed boat. Or redoing your own.

2. It should be a ford 351 v8 by pleasure craft marine with a 1:1 ratio transmission if it's stock.

3. You can adjust the wake plate by twisting the bolts, this is used to flatten out the rooster tail for waterskiing. These boats make some of the best waterskiing wakes when dialed in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.j.grossheim View Post
    1. Your best bet will be buying a used one from a crashed boat. Or redoing your own.

2. It should be a ford 351 v8 by pleasure craft marine with a 1:1 ratio transmission if it's stock.

3. You can adjust the wake plate by twisting the bolts, this is used to flatten out the rooster tail for waterskiing. These boats make some of the best waterskiing wakes when dialed in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As above reply.
    Possible your transmission could also be a 1:23 to 1 reduction rather than 1 to1.
    More torque ! There should be a plate on your transmission that tells you same.
    Pleasure craft marine is also known as PCM and converts engines and makes transmissions for marine application.
    Skiers Discount Marine can help you with parts etc for the engine and transmission .
    Unfortunately not your dash.
    Enjoy your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by crystal waters View Post
    As above reply.
    Possible your transmission could also be a 1:23 to 1 reduction rather than 1 to1.
    More torque ! There should be a plate on your transmission that tells you same.
    Pleasure craft marine is also known as PCM and converts engines and makes transmissions for marine application.
    Skiers Discount Marine can help you with parts etc for the engine and transmission .
    Unfortunately not your dash.
    Enjoy your boat!
    If the plate is missing on the transmission, another way to tell by looking at it actually the engine. If the engine is level front to back, that has a 1.23:1 while the 1:1 transmission has a slope from front to back.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Awesome boat! I had one in the past, split it in half to fix the rot and pretty much rebuilt the whole thing. Let me know if you have any questions. Awesome slalom boat and sounds amazing! Mine had a 351 Windsor ford motor.
    Adam
    SWELL Wakesurf
    www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!