Thread: Rudder repack

Default Rudder repack

Been a long time since I saw it but someone had the part number and place to order the rubber ring inside the rudder on the older supras. Looking for it for my 86 Salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Check to be sure your rudder port has o-rings and seals. Somewhere in the late 80s Supra switched from traditional rope packing rudder port to a seal and o-ring port. My '89 had a rope packing, the port was worn out so i had to replace it as there was no wear sleeve. I recall someone here with an '88 had the rebuildable style port. What went in to boats in the 80s seems to be a bit willy nilly so take a look before buying any parts.

Maybe I shouldn't have called it a repack. I have done it before and it was the ring style. Not the rope. Someone had a thread with the pn and where to order the rings from....

86 Saltare

I thought it might have been titantn.... look what I found....

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...le-rudder-port

Only problem is the grease seals are no longer available on that website....

86 Saltare

You can still get the grease seals...just search by the part dimensions (28.58 X 37.95 X 6.35 VC, NBR), or the link below. I bought a set of seals a month ago.

http://www.bestpartsonline.com/28-58...35-vc-nbr-4621