Default 87 supra pro comp overhaul

I just picked up a supra for free, needs lots of work, the boat is already gutted out when I got it to include some of the stringers and floor because it's was rotted out. What is the best wood or material to use to re-make the stringers, I know the stringers need to be fiberglassed over to be sealed.

I can't think of anything better for stringer material than LVL (Laminate Veneer Lumber) this stuff is dense, very strong, and resists water well. It's used for beams and ridges in homes. If you're planning on adding ballast weight in the future this hands down the best way to go (possibly even over kill). You can find it at most lumber yards. LVLs that have a wax coating (most do) will resist water better than those that do not, but you will have to sand and use solution to remove the wax before fiberglassing. If I had it to do over I would use LVLs instead of sandwiching and splicing plywood.

Let's see some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction to my last post, you don't want the wax / weathershed coating on LVL period, apparently it's only to protect the material while sitting on a job site. Even without the weathershed the stuff is so dense that it doesn't absorb water as quickly as other material. >>>http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/woodprod...lam-lvl-beams/

Douglass Fur is also very good

I used redwood in my 88' pro comp. Redwood is naturally water resistant and a hardwood. I have also read on several rebuild thread here that Douglass Fur is good as Michael said.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk