Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Plug, sensor and rusty bolts on the underside. Brakes seem good.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Any way I can tell if anything is wrong with the tappet, valves or anything else in this picture?

Without the back swim platform I had 1 inch to spare to squeeze her into the garage!

Looks good man , just make sure to tie things up around moving parts , like shaft and coupler . The hoses that touch anything can be adjusted , engine looks fine , just drive it don't try opening cans of worms without knowing what worms to open first !

The boat will choose when it wants your money ! Ha ha . Just check the fluids and make sure your seals are good for prop shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Good advice. I'll stick to the basics. I see no signs of leaking fluids so I'm off to a better start than my old bmw... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Eurobound View Post
    All the air hoses from the engine bay to the back of the boat and from the hull to the front of the boat need to be replaced. Any suggestions on which hose to use? Is there something better than the black crap that came with the boat that's not too expensive?
    I'm replacing most of mine as well. In my 96 La Brisa, the hose feeding fresh air into the bilge at the front is 4". The hose on the blower to the back exhaust vents is 3". I don't think there is anything "better" out there honestly, I just found some on amazon by searching "bilge vent hose", wasn't crazy expensive - but cheaper than the almost dollar per foot at Skidim...

Your pics have confirmed my suspicions that I was missing a blower tho.. I've still got to figure out the routing of hoses behind the gas tank, because mine are all rotted out (sigh!).
    1996 Supra La Brisa

90% sure that Sewer hose is 3" and is WAAAAY better quality than the air hose that everyone uses from the factory. Lot's of people use it for blowing heat around. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-20-...-Hose/14504318

Looking at your boat photos -- it's had a tough life. But the exterior and interior look amazing (somehow!) Any chance that it sank? Otherwise, I don't know how everything got so dirty and moldy looking. It seems like more than just "we didn't let it dry out."

Does it run? That's your first thing to find out. I wouldn't start taking things apart or throwing money at it until it runs.

What I would do, though, is go through your trailer. Bleed the brakes, replace the wheel stud, grease the bearings, etc. Make sure that is solid because there's nothing worse than being stuck on the side of the road.

And then I'd start cleaning. Also, you don't need an impeller puller. They usually come right out with your fingers.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Awesome. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Yes the boat runs and the reason it was so wet is because the cover had a big tear and it was left outside in the rain for part of it's life. I saw a youtube video of the boat running just weeks before I bought it and I know where the guy lives so I'm confident the motor is solid

Quote Originally Posted by Eurobound View Post
    I am going to get a Johnson impeller kit. If this is a raw water open cooling system then the lines should be empty correct?

Hey I have the same boat in gray!

Cooling hoses may still have water in them depending on if/how it was winterized.
    Tom
    2002 Supra SL

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Also, you don't need an impeller puller. They usually come right out with your fingers.
    This, although you may need a needle nose....its no big deal though.
    Tom
    2002 Supra SL