Default Sluggish 2005 24ssv

Took out my 05 24ssv today and it wouldn't get above 11 mph at about 2200 rpm. I double checked the perfect pass system and even unplugged it entirely to make sure that wasn't the issue. I've checked the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine. I replaced the fuel filter and still does the same thing. If I rev it in neutral it revs past 2200 just fine but under load it has no power. Any ideas

Did you unstrap the trailer from it?

First post. A little more info please........how long have you had it , did it run fine last time out etc
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Did you unstrap the trailer from it?

First post. A little more info please........how long have you had it , did it run fine last time out etc
    No I didn't I was actually pulling the truck along with it too!!

I've had it for about two weeks now and it's run perfectly every outing until today.

I don't know what the instrument cluster is like on that year (I have an 0 - but it sounds like it might have thrown a "Service Required" code.
    Mine goes into "limp mode" when that happens - so you have enough "oomph" to get back to the ramp, but you cannot rev it.

My dash has an LCD display that shows "Service Required" - you might need to research what yours does in this case. Sometimes, a few starts will
    clear the code - other times - it takes the instruments a dealer has.

Good Luck.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Unfortunately I don't have a LCD display in the 05 but I have a feeling that it is limp mode and I'm from Mississippi so finding a dealer that has the capability to read or clear them is gonna be difficult

I saw something online about a paper clip method of reading the codes would that work on my 05?

Does that year have a throttle position sensor? My '07 did that when the sensor went down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ITSJ4Y View Post
    I saw something online about a paper clip method of reading the codes would that work on my 05?
    Well, the paper clip will work, but you also need an led to read the flashes to tell the code. With all the little pins in the diagnostics connector it's a risk getting the contacts correctly without shorting anything out while doing it. I bought a plug in reader/reset tool for about $40. I have yet to use it, but when I bought the boat I realized it would be needed if anything ever does go wrong with the engine management. The code should direct you to whichever sensor is not working correctly...so worth the $40 vs paying double that for a shop to hook it up.

Ok so I did the paper clip method and got a DTC of 22 which is a TPS fault. I replaced the TPS and reset the codes. The computer is not showing any DTCs now but am still having the same issue. Trickdub did replacing the sensor immediately fix your issue or did you have to do something else?