Default In line sea water strainer questions

I just opened up the sea water strainer and found the basket was dirty which I expected. There doesn't seem to be any mention of how to get the basket out to clean it in the clymer manual. Can someone help me with this? How do I get the basket out or where do I get a replacement if I can't get it out without damaging it?

The strainer was positioned with the filter above the water inlet (upsidedown if you will) but there is room to keep it positioned so that the filter basket is down - does it work better one way or the other way?

Should I be looking to replace this strainer with a Groco or Sherwood?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mine is just pressed in - pull on it.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

yup, should pull out. you might wiggle it...just a little bit...ha, stupid old song.

installed 'right' side up won't dump water in the hull whenever you empty it but the strainer will still function upside down. as long as it's not broken it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    yup, should pull out. you might wiggle it...just a little bit...ha, stupid old song.

installed 'right' side up won't dump water in the hull whenever you empty it but the strainer will still function upside down. as long as it's not broken it should be fine.
    Too funny... I did "wiggle it, just a little bit" 😉 and it's not budging. I got it pretty clean and so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I will fix the orientation and that's about it. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Turn it back over and run a hose in it. That little stuff will not hurt anything if a few bits make it through. You can also leave the screen in while you hose it so the dirt won't make it to the motor side.