Default Fuel return line health and anti syphon valve

Can some confirm that I should have an anti syphon valve on the fuel return line. Judging by the fitting i took off i don't think there was one to begin with. Also, would all that white stuff be from ethanol blended gas? I'm worried about the fuel pumps and the rest of the fuel lines now but I'm gonna run the boat without changing anything except the fitting. Fuel pickup looks good and clean. I'll clean the connectors on the fuel level sender.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The first picture is what my anti-siphon valve looked like. It had a ball in the middle of it. Mine had the same corrosion and cracked where the barbed end met the main body of the fitting. My fitting was aluminum I believe.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

My antisiphon had no ball left and was on the return line... I thought it was supposed to be on the fuel supply side?

I don't think mine could make a seal either. I believe mine was on the return line also.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

So when I replaced the fuel filter I understood exactly why the antisiphon valve is so important as I had to change the filter while fuel continued to drip . I ordered the wrong one from bakesonline but I'll be getting that corrected asap. Boat ran great today. First time unloading a boat, first time driving a boat and fist time loading a boat... none of which came without hiccups bit at least the boat didn't leave me dead in the water !

I ordered the wrong size antisiphon valve thst is.