Default Boat ran great! Need help with ballast system...

2002 Supra Launch

I have 2 Jabsco pumps behind the back seat and even though I thought I had the whole system drained before I put the boat in the water today and I closed the water feed shut off valves i still endrd up with a full front center bag and full hard tank ballast. Maybe someone can answer my questions or guide me to some answers to my ballast system?

1. Does one pump control the front center bag under the playpen while the other controls the back hard plastic ballast AND the extra bag in the back storage compartment?

2. Do the pumps both allow water in and pump it out? through the same hole(s) with the manual shut off valves in the bottom of the boat?

3. If the pump is not working will it still allow the bag to fill and not allow me to empty it?

I tried looking quickly on the big bertha website but I couldn't seem to find what I thought was the exact system design and the 2002 supra launch owners manual doesn't explain the system at all really. I'll keep searching on the Web and next weekend I'll take some time to follow the hoses and test the pumps but until then any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've read about some upgrade kits that will make the system work much better but I want to know more about where I'm starting from first.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eurobound; 05-24-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added year and model

Add the year and model of your boat. I believe your pumps and hard tanks are not stock. The Bertha system used aerator pumps with sprinkler valves. The pumps you have normally fill and empty. When they fill when the pump is off it is usually due to a failed impeller and/or the I take scupper was not cut off of the grate.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    Add the year and model of your boat. I believe your pumps and hard tanks are not stock. The Bertha system used aerator pumps with sprinkler valves. The pumps you have normally fill and empty. When they fill when the pump is off it is usually due to a failed impeller and/or the I take scupper was not cut off of the grate.
    I think you are right. I just looked into it and those pumps and the hard tank were not original spec - that's why I was confused looking at the OEM spec ballast systems on the big bertha website. Possibly the bag in the ski locker area was the original for under the seat. Good news is that I can likely fix the pimp problem by changing the impeller similar to the water pump impeller change I did last week. I'll also check to ensure the electrical to the pumps is working properly before I do anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk