Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 88 comp-new interior pictures

Default second picture of 88 comp new interior

88 Comp, new floor, new interior, new stereo, new 05 decals, new carb, new distr., New Dimension tower, new carpet, 4-blade Michigan Prop, Roswell swivel racks, Sky Ski rack.

88 Comp, new floor, new interior, new stereo, new 05 decals, new carb, new distr., New Dimension tower, new carpet, 4-blade Michigan Prop, Roswell swivel racks, Sky Ski rack.

That looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the new interior and carpet cost you?

Thanks!

Default Nice job

I love the new interior on your boat. I also have an 88 and really want to put in a glovembox in the dash. Where did you get the glovebox that I see in your boat? and was is hard to install?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks. The carpet is Aqua Turf 5810 Marble Grey. I ordered 7 yards-8ft. wide and installed it myself. The carpet cost me 28.50/yd from a local Trim shop. The interior company did an absolutely awesome job. He did everything for $2,800.00 I had to put the old upholstery back in over the new carpet so he could see it. He then pulled out all the old, made all new wood panels, and seat bases, covered them and then intalled everything. Turnkey price! I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. I knew the pattern I wanted from a Malibu brochure I had. He said no problem. His wife helped me pick out the right colors. It really came out better that I though it would.

The box I put in for my glovebox was a drop in box from West Marine. It is made of thin white plastic and comes with the hinged cover. It was easy to put in. I cut the hole with a jigsaw. Make sure and mark twice, cut once. It helps to put 2" wide masking tape on the fiberglass first before you mark the hole with a sharpie. Then when you cut it, it won't scratch the gelcoat. Have someone run a shopvac while you are cutting to minimize the slag. You will need to remove alot of polyeurethane foam under the dash, but it will fit. Good luck.

Awesome restoration! You should be proud! If you get a chance, post a few pictures of the outside of your boat.
    Doug S.
    1999 Supra Legacy

What did you do to the floor? Or did the upholstry guy do that too? I too have an 88 Comp and jsut can't part with it. We have one soft spot and been considering replacing the floor, but cheapest i found was right at $7,000 to do it.