Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So when we houseboat, I tie the boat to the side like above with bow out.

We do cover it at night. You will need to pay attention to how the water runs off the roof to the sides. In a heavy downpour for 1/2 hr, I could see how it could swamp a boat. Watch where the wakeboard racks line up. If a heavy wake comes by, you can bet your boat is going to be rocked (and the houseboat stays stationary) and you will need to make sure it is adjusted so that the forks don't smack the side. (Ours always line up perfect under the sliding board and open back deck).

When we tow, I tie a ~50 ft rope to the back rail with a clip on it. I hook to the bow eye of the ski boat and go. When we are going to stop, we bring the houseboat down slow and someone goes to the back to make sure the ski boat stops and pushes it out to float.

We also tie our lines/fenders/bumpers to the side of the houseboat so there is no messing around when we come back. Just tie up and be done.

We tie the houseboat to shore with lines first, then bring the ski boat in and tie up. And reverse when leaving the shore. Ski boat drives out, houseboat backs out then we clip it up.

Enjoy!
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

You can see the blue line off the back. (Over the head of the swimmer and black outboard motor). That is tied to the bow eye of the boat.
    103214-R1-21-22.jpg

This setup has actually saved us from some potential disasters. When the wind would gust and we were in the water with some little ones jumping and swimming, the boats would drift like a sail and can actually gain pretty quick speed. We were able to grab the line and either get on the towed boat or hold on and ride till it stopped/slowed down.

At the least, tie a line off the back and attach a raft to float it out while you are in the deep water.

You can see our buddy's boat tied to the back. Similar to what we do at night, except with Supra turned bow out.
    IMG026.jpg

Thanks for making me look thru old pics. Didn't think they were on this computer anymore.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

jzelt, Raystown lake?
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Cave Run Lake, Morehead KY. We have tied to a houseboat at Raystown before for the weekend, but only as visitors.
    We stay the full week at Cave Run.
    Go down Fri night and stay in hotel Sat and Sun and boat during the day, then pick up the houseboat on Mon-Fri and then hotel half way on way home.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Hey, that's in my territory! I didn't know they rented houseboats on Cave Run - I don't spend much time there, too "stumpy" for me!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz