Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery issues?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.j.grossheim View Post
    So, got some more time with it out this last weekend. I replaced the battery terminals two weekends ago and boy does it start up quick. I had the no starting issue a few times, all with a multimeter on board. Checked voltage on solenoid it was above 7 and the battery was 12.7 cold. It would not turn over on the trailer at all, turned the throttle down once and brought it back to neutral and tried again and it fired right up. Battery was at 13.9 once it was running. This leads me to believe it's a neutral switch going. Anybody have to replace one of these before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As Daniel said, they're adjustable so verify it doesn't need that first. One of the throttle cables goes to a lever on the transmission. Similar to the carb cable attachment you can pull back on the spring loaded end and release it from a ball mount on the lever. Make sure the transmission end of the cable seats the lever in the neutral indention when the throttle end of the cable is in its neutral position. If not, adjust the cable end longer or shorter accordingly.

This.

Pull the cable off, make sure the lever is in the neutral detent, then adjust the cable so when the lever is in neutral, the transmission arm lever is in neutral. Verify both in forward and reverse.

Sometimes you may have to cheat by splitting the difference between where the cable ends up after coming out from forward or reverse.

It also helps when you pull the cable off, put a scribe mark on the housing and the arm, so you know where exact neutral is. Then hook it back up and adjust till the scribes match up when coming out of forward and reverse.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just started experiencing exactly the same issues, and I had an extra issue of the starter staying engaged once or twice. That issue will be solved with a new solenoid and I also had the alternater belt pretty loose. If my issues don't clear up after this I'll be heading down the same path.