So last year I had a few issues starting my boat from a drained battery. I replaced the battery half way through the season last year and am seeming to have the same issue already this year. I took the battery out during winter and put it on a charger inside about halfway through winter.

Starts up real nice when I take it out fresh off the charger, but if we stop and use the radio or a blower at all it will have troubles starting. Last weekend, stopped and sat for about a half an hour, tried to start it up and it turned over but seemed to kill the battery within seconds. we were stuck in the middle of the lake for about ten minutes. We sat and waited a bit, sprayed some starter fluid in to give it a little help, fearing the battery was dead, and tried it one more time and she finally turned over again and started right up.

The boat is a stock 1989 ts6m with 830 hours. Had it into the shop this spring for an annual spring start up and they didn't seem to have any concerns. I'm thinking about adding a second battery with a Perko battery selector, has anyone done that? Or is there anything else I should look at before doing that? Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk