Default Reversed battery cables

So...My dumba$$ was in a hurry and I hooked up my battery backwards in my 2000 Supra Legacy. Didn't notice turned on key and saw smoke from my batteries. I removed cables within 30 seconds. Here's what I've done so far: replaced shorted ignition switch, removed battery switch and hooked up directly with one battery and checked the 3 fuses, checked circuit breaker. Any ideas?
    Last edited by suprahood; 06-03-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Everything electronic is now suspect. All you can do is replace any wiring that is obviously fried, and then hook the battery up correctly and see what works...or not. Things that come to mind that could be toast include: voltage regulator inside the alternator, the ignition module, the injection module (if fuel injected), radio, Perfect pass. Motors and lights, in general, should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by suprahood View Post
    So...My dumba$$ was in a hurry and I hooked up my battery backwards in my 2000 Supra Legacy. Didn't notice turned on key and saw smoke from my batteries. I removed cables within 30 seconds. Here's what I've done so far: replaced shorted ignition switch, removed battery switch and hooked up directly with one battery and checked the 3 fuses, checked circuit breaker. Any ideas?
    Make sure to check the 50 amp??? fuse at the back of the engine - I unfortunately did this once for a few seconds and that was all I had to replace - I got lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by td in nc View Post
    Make sure to check the 50 amp??? fuse at the back of the engine - I unfortunately did this once for a few seconds and that was all I had to replace - I got lucky!
    Do you mean the circuit breaker, I couldn't find a 50 amp fuse.

Yes, it's a breaker.