Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need engine cover base dimensions (85 sunsport skier)

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong... i'm rebuilding an 85 supra sunsport and the the base of the engine cover is completely rotted out and I don't have any good dimensions for it was wondering if anyone could help me

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 86 Sunspot Skier I could measure up for you. It might be later in the week until I can post measurements though.

1986 Supra Sunsport Skier with 351W and swivel spotters seat

Quote Originally Posted by zroe View Post
    I have an 86 Sunspot Skier I could measure up for you. It might be later in the week until I can post measurements though.

Thanks I would that would be awesome no rush I'm not sure if it sits on top or slides into the base

My engine cover base sits on to p of the floor and the plastic flip cover sits flush on top of it. I will post some pictures of it (out of the boat) and get some rough dimensions for you. I'll also measure my engine height since I would hate to give you dimensions for you to build it and then it hits the top of the engine!

Are you doing a full rebuild down to the hull? Are you doing it yourself? I would be interested to know what you are planning to spend on materials so that I can start budgeting for my eventual rebuild. I didn't know how imperative stringer replacement was on Supras when I bought the boat last year, I think I would have still bought it because I love the classic lines but I would have definitely tried to talk them down on the price!

Cheers,
    Zach

My engine cover base sits on to p of the floor and the plastic flip cover sits flush on top of it. I will post some pictures of it (out of the boat) and get some rough dimensions for you. I'll also measure my engine height since I would hate to give you dimensions for you to build it and then it hits the top of the engine!

Are you doing a full rebuild down to the hull? Are you doing it yourself? I would be interested to know what you are planning to spend on materials so that I can start budgeting for my eventual rebuild. I didn't know how imperative stringer replacement was on Supras when I bought the boat last year, I think I would have still bought it because I love the classic lines but I would have definitely tried to talk them down on the price!

Cheers,
    Zach
    Yes I'm doing a full build there are many different ways people do it .. the way I'm doing it is about $1800 worth of material for stringers foam all the fiberglass resin and floor.id be glad to answer any more questions if you wan any more info

Nice pictures! Thanks for the information. My wife is a little nervous to let me tear apart our boat, so we'll see if I can convince her otherwise. I started tearing out the waterlogged foam and I am hoping to be able to use it one more season before having to do the stringers. I'll post some pictures of what I have done so far in my own thread shortly.
    Last edited by zroe; 06-12-2017 at 11:24 AM.

here are a few images of my engine cover, mine sits on top of the deck, currently it was loose but has brackets that would attach it to the floor. I drew up a print last night and realized I forgot to measure the thickness so I'll check that as well as verify my engine height from the floor tonight.
    2424.jpg2425.jpg2426.jpg2427.jpg

here are a few images of my engine cover, mine sits on top of the deck, currently it was loose but has brackets that would attach it to the floor. I drew up a print last night and realized I forgot to measure the thickness so I'll check that as well as verify my engine height from the floor tonight.
    2424.jpg2425.jpg2426.jpg2427.jpg
    Thanks a lot

Sorry I've been busy and haven't made it out to get the last to measurements.

Default Legal Services

Last edited by gstsoftware; 06-16-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: something went wrong