Default 2007 Supra 22 ssv won't perform at full throttle

After winterizing and sitting up all winter I decided to take the boat out for a test run this past weekend, after filling the tank up with fresh non ethonol gas from a store that usually sales a lot of gas to boat owners because it's close to the launch. the boat seemed to crank fine and sounded ok at idle, so I gave it a little more throttle to try and plane out and everything seemed to be going fine until the boat "fell on its face" after this happened it was like the boat would never reach over half throttle even when the throttle was all the way down. A check engine light did come on during this. I'm no mechanic by any means so any useful tips or hints would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Default 2007 Supra 22 ssv won't perform at full throttle

I will be watching this closely. Had the same thing happen to my 2008 22ssv first time out last weekend. Only difference for me was a service required message.

Boat firmware update to bypass cat temp sensor already flashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kchan View Post
    After winterizing and sitting up all winter I decided to take the boat out for a test run this past weekend, after filling the tank up with fresh non ethonol gas from a store that usually sales a lot of gas to boat owners because it's close to the launch. the boat seemed to crank fine and sounded ok at idle, so I gave it a little more throttle to try and plane out and everything seemed to be going fine until the boat "fell on its face" after this happened it was like the boat would never reach over half throttle even when the throttle was all the way down. A check engine light did come on during this. I'm no mechanic by any means so any useful tips or hints would be very much appreciated. Thanks
    Not sure what your code was, but I had this happen last summer after filling up with gas from a place I had used many times. Turned out there was water in the gas. Some Seafood cleared it up, but Seafood for 68 gallons of fuel is not cheap.
    David
    2011 Supra Launch 242

If it is water related, I agree with Seafoam (get it by the gallon cheaper) and possibly a new fuel filter (or 2) depending on how bad it got.
    You don't want Heet as that is alcohol based which absorbs water from the vent/air.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

What was ever the outcome with your issue? I’m having this happen on my 08 sun sport 24V. I just bought it only has 90 hours on it. Last registration sticker on it was 2016 I do know there was 40 gallons of old fuel in it. I put 10 gallons of fresh fuel, dumped one bottle of seafoam in it. Ran great for one day. Then did the exact same thing that you’re describing the next day.

remove all the old fuel, replace fuel filter at a minimum. You might as well replace spark plus too
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug