Default Check Engine Light and Perfect Pass problems

Two questions:

1. My engine threw a check engine light on her first start this season, and his been belching some black smoke on take off. Does anyone know if the Indmar Cat 340 can be scanned with a regular obdII port scanner or is it a proprietary tool that I have to drag her to the dealer (2 hours away)?

2. Today while wake surfing, the Perfect Pass was set at 11 MPH. When the boat hit 10 MPH the system would throttle back to 9 MPH, then throttle back up to 11 MPH. On our last run, it stopped working. The system was on and appeared to be working (looking at the gauges), but didn't keep us at 11 MPH. When I hit the throttle we went flying right past 11 before I realized it was not working correctly. I cycled the system on and off but still did not work. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help and advice!!!
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

Check fuel, air, and spark. Did you stabilize the fuel from last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Check fuel, air, and spark. Did you stabilize the fuel from last season?
    Yes, I did but it could still be a fuel issue. I only put 1 hour on the boat last season, so the fuel in the tank is OLD! I am in the process of burning it out and will put fresh fuel in it. No one in this area sells fuel without ethanol in it, so I can't put any good gas in her.
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX