Default 2001 Launch SSV Normal Oil Pressure

Hey Guys,

I have a question about oil pressure in my 2001 Launch ssv. When surfing, wakeboarding, cruising, etc. my oil pressure gauge shows 40PSI. Which I believe is normal operating pressure. But my warning light below the throttle comes on saying "Do not run engine if light is on above 1200 RPM. Check oil level."

My oil level is fine, but the light still comes on, and never has before. Any Idea?

Thanks

Anything above 10 psi at idle,10 psi per 1000 RPM, or over 30 psi is fine. Check your manual, I suspect the light for 1200 RPM is for the Vdrive, not the engine. Check your Vdrive and trans oil.

That light is for the V-Drive!

It normally stays on below 1000-1200 RPM and then turns off when speeding up.
    If not you need to top up your V-drive. Or, if servicing your boat yourself maybe change the V-drive oil all together.
    The V-drive takes straight SAE 30 oil like the one used for lawn mowers.

I live in Sweden and over here Lawn Mower oil is basically all I can get, maybe you have some specific v-drive oil that should be better, but it has worked fine for me for the last 9 years (knock on wood).
    If you want to change the oil I recommend getting an oil vacuum pump with a thin hose and draining through the fill hole.

Mike