Default Service required 09 21V

Had the above pop up on my screen. Second time out this year about 5 minutes after start up and under way. Boat has 250 hrs, started up without problem yesterday and ran like it always has. Was running fine and continued to do so thru all revs. Headed back to dock to shut the boat off. Then restarted and nothing on the screen and rest of trip was uneventful. Any ideas? Random misfire? I have to admit they are the original spark plugs , they have always looked good in the fall winterization. Think I will see if and when it happens again. 2009 340 cat
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I did a search, could be water in the gas even though I Am religious about stabilizer in the fall. I will put in some fuel line antifreeze and some seafoam to start.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

74 views , no thoughts?

I have had the boat out 4-5 times and flawless running, top end 46 mph......I put a can of seafoam in . Have a new fuel filter and plugs as back up , and will check the TB out when I get time
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

If it tripped the service light, it has registered a code in the ECU. Always start by reading the code. Otherwise you are just guessing.

On automobiles, it's possible to read ECU/ECM codes by jumpering wires in the diagnostic port. That causes codes to blink on the dash lights or causes the diagnostic information details to read out on more complex dashboards. I am curious if this is possible on an '09 Indmar and what is the procedure if so? Thanks!

Unfortunately no. You have to short 2 pins together on the diagnostic connector, add an led across 2 others and count the flashes. I picked up a connector/reader on Ebay for about $40 that makes it easier.

What exactly did you buy on eBay ? Do you still have the link ?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk