Thread: Front Ballast

Default Front Ballast

I am a new owner to a 2015 SE450 SUPRA. My rear Ballast fill and drain fine, but my front ballast looks to have full of air and very little water in them even after switching the toggle switch to the on position. I am very novice to most things on this boat. I have taken boat out about 7 times and have a great wake with just the rear ballast filled, but I was curious as to if there something I am not doing correctly in order to fill ballast. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Chad

In 2005 Supra used the centrifugal pumps. One pump fills, while Rain Byrd sprinkle valves direct the flow of water to one or more bags. In most cases the valve either needs to be adjusted or replaced. Pop the hose off the front valve while the pump is running and see if you get any water out. If none, then check the power to the valve solenoid. If it gets power and no water, then the valve is bad. They are available at Lowes or Home Depot.

I would guess you need to burp the sac's. Happens all the time.
    Either do this once in a while or if you, like me, get tired of doing that just add a vent-hose to each sac.