Default 1:1 velvet drive 71c clutch plate thickness

I'm doing an 85 sunsport build and I pull the transmission apart to inspect because I've never had the boat in the water and was wondering exactly what to look for oil looks clean no loose parts etc. wondering if anyone knows what the thickness of the clutch plates are supposed to be. I also noticed some markings on the tips of the gears in the planetary they look uniform just not sure if anyone knows anything about that either. just trying to figure out if I need a full rebuild kit or just a seal kit

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's it doing? Oil have a burnt smell? The discs are easy to tell if they are bad. I'll look for a few new ones I have and mic them for you.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    What's it doing? Oil have a burnt smell? The discs are easy to tell if they are bad. I'll look for a few new ones I have and mic them for you.
    Not sure what it's doing .. I'm doing my first boat build and pretty much don't no shit . I've never had the boat in the water because the motor was blown when I bought it (which I knew ) just don't want to do everything els on the boat and find out that the transmission has issues. Oil looked clean and no metal shavings just trying to know what to look for ... thanks for the reply

IMG_3990.jpg a new disc is 2mm thick. What usually happens. Is they will either glaze over from spinning or the inside teeth wear out. I have rebuilt two of them. Pretty easy to do. I did a write up on here a few years back with pics. When you take it apart check the drum. If you see any hairline cracks you will need to change it out. They will look like scratches around where the shaft slides in. Also make sure you soak all the discs in tranny fluid before you install them. Lastly the front pump cover needs to go back on in the same direction you took it off. If you reverse it you won't have reverse gear.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleher09 View Post
    Not sure what it's doing .. I'm doing my first boat build and pretty much don't no shit . I've never had the boat in the water because the motor was blown when I bought it (which I knew ) just don't want to do everything els on the boat and find out that the transmission has issues. Oil looked clean and no metal shavings just trying to know what to look for ... thanks for the reply .

If you have it apart already and there is any sign of wear I would do a rebuild. Discs and seals aren't that much and it's only a few hour job. Just be careful with the spring. Make sure you compress it before removing the clip. You'll see it

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    If you have it apart already and there is any sign of wear I would do a rebuild. Discs and seals aren't that much and it's only a few hour job. Just be careful with the spring. Make sure you compress it before removing the clip. You'll see it
    Thanks for the info I'm gonna hopefully have time tomorrow to check it out

Let me know if you have any questions

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady