Default Ballast Question on 1989 Supra

Hello All-
    I just bought a 1989 Supra Comp. I know these work ok for wakeboarding and I've read that you want a bag or 2 on either side of the motor cover.

However, I just read this article and I am inspired to rig up my own ballast system.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/20...astSystem1.asp

Basically I want to figure out how to split ballast between the front and rear compartments. Can anyone give me guidance on what size ballast bag for the front of the closed bow and what is best way to preserve the room in the boat and still get the right ballast in the back?

I really want hidden, semi-automatic ballast set up and want to preserve the little cabin room I have...

I've considered ripping out the back seat and getting a "ballast couch"....

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mcarlson12 View Post
    Hello All-
    I just bought a 1989 Supra Comp. I know these work ok for wakeboarding and I've read that you want a bag or 2 on either side of the motor cover.

However, I just read this article and I am inspired to rig up my own ballast system.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/20...astSystem1.asp

Basically I want to figure out how to split ballast between the front and rear compartments. Can anyone give me guidance on what size ballast bag for the front of the closed bow and what is best way to preserve the room in the boat and still get the right ballast in the back?

I really want hidden, semi-automatic ballast set up and want to preserve the little cabin room I have...

I've considered ripping out the back seat and getting a "ballast couch"....

Thoughts?

what did you end up going with? have a 89 comp myself that will be weighting this season

smart question

I have a 84 and 92 comp they both are about 1' out of the water without any ballast. Be careful adding ballast if you are going to don't use anything but water.