Default 86 Sunsport top cap color

Removed my teak railing on the back of my 86 sunsport. Anyone know what color the top cap is to match the gel or what brand you use? I know its usually mix it by eye but i wanted to be sure no one had a preference or cheaper brand or if they had a pre mixed color. Its the basic Supra light grey

You will never find any gel color to match an 86 boat on the shelf . It will have to be custom matched.

Reuse the teak rails you took off and cover the holes, like this -
    IMG_7655.jpg

Ckracing That is exactly what I am doing. Went ahead and just go rid of the spacers under the back rail so it sits flat on the boat. Looks way cleaner overall

IMG_7500.jpg

Next step is to add a handle. Without the rail you need a place to grab getting out of the water.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jbousman88 View Post
    Went ahead and just go rid of the spacers under the back rail so it sits flat on the boat. Looks way cleaner overall
    Beg to differ. What's not to love?

The design was perfectly executed over 35 years ago and still holds up to this date. Besides being used for a handrail, it keeps the ski rope from getting caught on anything on the interior or exterior while the ski rope is present. Same for windshield design on the Rider.

Also, if you are good enough with driving the Rider and have a semi pro skier, you can perform a quick 360 degree turn and have the rope go all the way around the windshield while the skier goes in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ckracing View Post
    IMG_7500.jpg

Next step is to add a handle. Without the rail you need a place to grab getting out of the water.

So funny, kinda defeats the purpose of taking down the rail don't cha think?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Agree, agree, agree. In my case I compromised as people sliding in to the water over the ski locker were constantly hitting the speed bump, elevated rail.
    I like it both ways, but I can still do the 180/360 turn with a proficient slalom skier
    Last edited by ckracing; 06-29-2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Emoji fail