Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
Absolutely - I'm not interested in his, just noting that it catches my eye every single day!
Ha! Last year I drove by a neglected '88 Supra Comp every day... I know the owner bought a newer MasterCraft but I also know he left the Supra uncovered ALL WINTER IN NEW HAMPSHIRE and then left it uncovered all summer with a for sale sign half-assed tucked in the window. I wanted to offer him $1,000 for the whole deal, at least clean it and sell it for $2,000 to literally the next person to see it. I knew the boat wasn't in bad shape before he got his hands on it, and the owner was a mechanic so I suspect it ran fine - I tried to buy it from the owner before him, even, years ago. It pains me to see a boat at that stage of its life - just old enough that if it's cared for, it will last a long time; if not, it could be junk in short order.

Enough about that.

I thought I'd also add that I'm not leaving the Supra family entirely - my father in law still has his red/white '89 Comp. Which also means I still have a boat I can ski behind, because let's be honest, the Super Air is a terrible water ski boat.