Hybrid View

Default So long old friend. You served us well

01.jpg

I sold my well-loved Supra last night. The first person who came to look at it, took it home. Which didn't totally surprise me - while most people here take meticulous care of their boats, most OTHER people in the world do not. So when you're shopping Craigslist and you come across a well-maintained example of whatever, that's the one to buy.

I was single when I first got this boat. I took it to my wedding; it was both of my kids' first boat rides; I nearly crashed it once; I did have a few bumps and bruises in it that I'd rather not think about; I put 1003 hours on it over 11 years; it was only towed ONCE - when the damper plate broke. I put a lot of my own sweat and blood into it, as do many of you - even yesterday I cut myself fixing one last thing before showing it for sale - one last drop of blood into the carpet haha.

A friend who used it from time to time said to me once, "man, you're just... every year, you do something to the boat that brings it closer to perfect - you're working in pretty small increments at this point, aren't you?" This was in reference to me using a sharpie on the new LED bow light bulb to darken it just slightly - because it was a little too bright out of the box.

It will be missed.

That was quick!

Keep us updated on the V-drive search/result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    That was quick!

Keep us updated on the V-drive search/result.
    Will do. Might be picking something up tomorrow......

Well, the search is over. For years I've turned down boats for a plethora of reasons. No tower. No cover. No trailer. It's a MasterCraft. Too far away. Too abused. Needs an interior. Too expensive. Too purple.

But this one checked every single box, and then some. Tower, bimini, heater, stereo, v-drive, bowrider; THEN the extras. Wetsounds stereo, functioning ballast - the higher of the two factory amounts - two covers, GPS converted Perfect Pass. Everything. AND great colors. I couldn't let this one slip by.

I know it's not a Supra but I've also always liked Nautiques for their build quality and looks. And in case I was nervous about the boat's reception in my family (I wasn't really), we spent 5 hours in the boat yesterday as a family. We've never ever done that with our kids but they loved it. The dog loves it, and most importantly, my wife loves it.

Cheers, and have a great summer. I'm sure we will.

IMG_2475021.jpg
    IMG_2474020.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg

Sharp looking boat! Is that an early 2000's 210?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Haha, sorry forgot to specify! It's a 2003 Super Air Nautique, Team Edition which just means all the best options, more factory ballast, etc.

And thanks, yeah - I think it looks great in particular with the blue top cap - they didn't offer colored top caps for very long and still, most people go white anyway.