Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So long old friend. You served us well

01.jpg

I sold my well-loved Supra last night. The first person who came to look at it, took it home. Which didn't totally surprise me - while most people here take meticulous care of their boats, most OTHER people in the world do not. So when you're shopping Craigslist and you come across a well-maintained example of whatever, that's the one to buy.

I was single when I first got this boat. I took it to my wedding; it was both of my kids' first boat rides; I nearly crashed it once; I did have a few bumps and bruises in it that I'd rather not think about; I put 1003 hours on it over 11 years; it was only towed ONCE - when the damper plate broke. I put a lot of my own sweat and blood into it, as do many of you - even yesterday I cut myself fixing one last thing before showing it for sale - one last drop of blood into the carpet haha.

A friend who used it from time to time said to me once, "man, you're just... every year, you do something to the boat that brings it closer to perfect - you're working in pretty small increments at this point, aren't you?" This was in reference to me using a sharpie on the new LED bow light bulb to darken it just slightly - because it was a little too bright out of the box.

It will be missed.

That was quick!

Keep us updated on the V-drive search/result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    That was quick!

Keep us updated on the V-drive search/result.
    Will do. Might be picking something up tomorrow......

Well, the search is over. For years I've turned down boats for a plethora of reasons. No tower. No cover. No trailer. It's a MasterCraft. Too far away. Too abused. Needs an interior. Too expensive. Too purple.

But this one checked every single box, and then some. Tower, bimini, heater, stereo, v-drive, bowrider; THEN the extras. Wetsounds stereo, functioning ballast - the higher of the two factory amounts - two covers, GPS converted Perfect Pass. Everything. AND great colors. I couldn't let this one slip by.

I know it's not a Supra but I've also always liked Nautiques for their build quality and looks. And in case I was nervous about the boat's reception in my family (I wasn't really), we spent 5 hours in the boat yesterday as a family. We've never ever done that with our kids but they loved it. The dog loves it, and most importantly, my wife loves it.

Cheers, and have a great summer. I'm sure we will.

IMG_2475021.jpg
    IMG_2474020.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg

Sharp looking boat! Is that an early 2000's 210?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Haha, sorry forgot to specify! It's a 2003 Super Air Nautique, Team Edition which just means all the best options, more factory ballast, etc.

And thanks, yeah - I think it looks great in particular with the blue top cap - they didn't offer colored top caps for very long and still, most people go white anyway.

Spectacular, Congrats!

I'm looking right now too, and that's a strong contender to get me out of a Supra. There is the same boat in Orange/Blue in my neighborhood. It doesn't leave the driveway (where it stored uncovered...) nearly enough.. Truly abused... But I still look at it every day on the way to work!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

That's a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Spectacular, Congrats!

I'm looking right now too, and that's a strong contender to get me out of a Supra. There is the same boat in Orange/Blue in my neighborhood. It doesn't leave the driveway (where it stored uncovered...) nearly enough.. Truly abused... But I still look at it every day on the way to work!
    Thanks! There are so many nice examples out there, I'm not sure it's worth getting an abused one unless it's really, really cheap and you have time to fix it. But there are just too many things that can go wrong with these boats - more and more every year, it seems - I'd be afraid to get one that wasn't well maintained. The previous owner of this boat did a fair amount of catch-up on maintenance. Not perfect, but he took good care of it and wanted everything to work right.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    That's a beauty!
    Thanks! It's prone to fading with those colors, but keeping after it, it should be OK. Worth it, I think.

Absolutely - I'm not interested in his, just noting that it catches my eye every single day!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz