01.jpg

I sold my well-loved Supra last night. The first person who came to look at it, took it home. Which didn't totally surprise me - while most people here take meticulous care of their boats, most OTHER people in the world do not. So when you're shopping Craigslist and you come across a well-maintained example of whatever, that's the one to buy.

I was single when I first got this boat. I took it to my wedding; it was both of my kids' first boat rides; I nearly crashed it once; I did have a few bumps and bruises in it that I'd rather not think about; I put 1003 hours on it over 11 years; it was only towed ONCE - when the damper plate broke. I put a lot of my own sweat and blood into it, as do many of you - even yesterday I cut myself fixing one last thing before showing it for sale - one last drop of blood into the carpet haha.

A friend who used it from time to time said to me once, "man, you're just... every year, you do something to the boat that brings it closer to perfect - you're working in pretty small increments at this point, aren't you?" This was in reference to me using a sharpie on the new LED bow light bulb to darken it just slightly - because it was a little too bright out of the box.

It will be missed.