Thread: Worth it??

Default Worth it??

Nice boat. Good stereo. Tower mounted Bimini that removes easily if needed. The drain plug light and interior lights are all on factory switches, no aftermarket switches anywhere. Interior lights are dimmable. Level controls on the dash to adjust the sound independently from the in boat and tower. Can crank the tower and not blast yourself out of the boat. Adjustable sub control also. Converted to electronic ignition last year, no more points. Raw water pump was replaced this year as the bearings were noisy, and I have a spare impeller that's brand new. About 5 hours on the oil change, I only use Rotella and a Motorcraft oil filter. Fuel filter/water separator replaced at the same time, has a Wix on it. Alternator was replaced last August, and upgraded to a 105amp. Battery was replaced last month. I have receipts. Prop is perfect. Tightened the trailer bearings this year, and it has greasable hubs on it. Lights all work, and we're replaced with sealed LEDs last spring. Pulls perfect.

BUDDY of mine was sent this infor about a 92 Supra Mariah with wood stringers. He's asking 9.....thoughts???IMG_2031.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jbousman88 View Post
    Nice boat. Good stereo. Tower mounted Bimini that removes easily if needed. The drain plug light and interior lights are all on factory switches, no aftermarket switches anywhere. Interior lights are dimmable. Level controls on the dash to adjust the sound independently from the in boat and tower. Can crank the tower and not blast yourself out of the boat. Adjustable sub control also. Converted to electronic ignition last year, no more points. Raw water pump was replaced this year as the bearings were noisy, and I have a spare impeller that's brand new. About 5 hours on the oil change, I only use Rotella and a Motorcraft oil filter. Fuel filter/water separator replaced at the same time, has a Wix on it. Alternator was replaced last August, and upgraded to a 105amp. Battery was replaced last month. I have receipts. Prop is perfect. Tightened the trailer bearings this year, and it has greasable hubs on it. Lights all work, and we're replaced with sealed LEDs last spring. Pulls perfect.

BUDDY of mine was sent this infor about a 92 Supra Mariah with wood stringers. He's asking 9.....thoughts???IMG_2031.jpg
    Need more pictures.
    '87 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Fuscanini View Post
    Need more pictures.
    Pics for sure, but no chance I'd pay anywhere close to $9k....regardless of pics. With a documented stringer job and depending on the condition of the motor I'd put it closer to 6k.

$9k is steep for a Mariah with original stringers and a lame Monster tower. SunSport or Saltare might be in the ballpark for an otherwise clean nice boat with tight motor mount lags. $6k is more in the ballpark if stringers are good.

For reference I sold my Bravura which is the closed bow version of that last week for just over $6k. It has original stringers that are fine, but it also had a much newer EFI engine. Similar otherwise; mine had a tower, bimini, heater, stereo, dual batteries, etc.

So yeah $9k is too high IMO