Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Follow up pt 3 - vendor of the software/hardware responded to Supra last night confirming that it is the correct firmware version. I assured them it isn't. Doesn't look like the system that is in the 2012 manual so this morning I pulled the manual for the 2013 and lo and behold there it is - they loaded the 2013 version that has "touch point" touch screen features. I sent them the picture of it and let them know what is going on. Sure glad that the customer has to diagnose the issue for the dealer, manufacturer and the vendor.

What should I charge them for diagnosing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ2etc View Post
    What should I charge them for diagnosing the problem?
    I'm thinking $1,000 per minute of your time plus an additional charge for whatever your monthly internet bill comes out to should be a good place to start.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Follow up pt 3 - vendor of the software/hardware responded to Supra last night confirming that it is the correct firmware version. I assured them it isn't. Doesn't look like the system that is in the 2012 manual so this morning I pulled the manual for the 2013 and lo and behold there it is - they loaded the 2013 version that has "touch point" touch screen features. I sent them the picture of it and let them know what is going on. Sure glad that the customer has to diagnose the issue for the dealer, manufacturer and the vendor.
    Mine goes over to the dealer on Thursday morning. I sent them some excerpts from this thread in email hoping I don't encounter the same thing. Crossing my fingers all goes well. They WILL lake test and is part of the service fee I have to pay for the update. $260 for their time and warranty will not cover it.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Hello All, I have 2015 SE450 and my supervision was not responding to me touching it and it would then seem to to fill the ballast on its own. It would also set the cruise control or radio sound would go up extremely high it was like someone else was controlling it. I called Skier's Choice and they told me i needed to have it reflashed and it should only take about 30 minutes, so far boat has been in the shop 7 days with the technicians stating they would get to it soon. I wonder with so many people having to have their system reflashed how come they can not allow us to download the software and reflashsh the system ourselves. It is not a warranty issue, because I am gonna be out of pocket for this as I am not the original owner and just bought it from a individual. Does anyone know if they will give individuals the software?? Kinda crappy having to be with out boat on something that should not take 30 minutes to fix.

FYI - turns out the tech at the dealer didn't use the firmware link that the vendor sent him to use and went in on his own and downloaded the wrong year. Took a while for all of them to figure that out but they finally did and the update fixed all my problems. Good luck to all the rest but good news is the software update fixed the problem with my screen.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Chad76 View Post
    Does anyone know if they will give individuals the software?? Kinda crappy having to be with out boat on something that should not take 30 minutes to fix.
    Agree 100% but they would not give me the file access or the procedures to do on my own. From what I understand it is pretty easy to do - you just load the software on a blank thumb drive and stick it in the USB by the operator seat but they made me bring it in and have it done.

Well, my saga continues. It is a pretty simple process if your Vision Dash can boot to the Boot Loader blue screen. I read the instructions with the dealer and spent better part of 45 min trying to get it to upload. Will not boot after 3 times and they called Murphy (vendor) and Murphy sent a file directly to dealer to ensure it wasn't corrupted. Then dealer called Supra a few times with more questions and still no go on getting screen to do anything.

I have two options:

1. Take screen out and send back and then re-install later.
    2. Take boat up to Maryville and have John do it with his emergency laptop.

Already planning a trip to Supra factory. I really don't want my boat torn apart. I will wait till off season since it just screws up on ballast settings screen page and I can continue to manually fill ballast for now.

Later, dealer told me they could submit a draft to my extended warranty program to get a new Vision Dash completely if issues continue. It is covered by warranty and cost nearly $4k. Firmware updates cost me time and money and are not covered at all.

Since I have put 60 hours already on it this season, was good time while in between weekend parties to have all the fluids changed and swap an impeller. (so wasn't a complete waste of day...)

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Can someone with a 2012 confirm or deny if their screen options for User and System settings match the manual? I have been emailing back and forth with the manufacturer and vendor that the screens and options post refresh look different than they did before and don't match the manual. The audio up/down settings in user settings are now just a single "audio intensity" setting with value from 1 to 5 while old one had the actual volume number you could set it to increase and decrease on and off plane. The system settings look different, etc. Supra is now saying that the screens in the manual don't necessarily match what was actually loaded in the boat originally but I remember them all being the same. Can someone who has the original version look and see if they match so I can make a more confident statement? Thanks

These are my current screens: My system settings.JPGMy user settings.JPG

These are the manuals screens:2012 Manual user settings.JPG2012 Manual system settings.JPG

Can someone with a 2012 confirm or deny if their screen options for User and System settings match the manual? I have been emailing back and forth with the manufacturer and vendor that the screens and options post refresh look different than they did before and don't match the manual. The audio up/down settings in user settings are now just a single "audio intensity" setting with value from 1 to 5 while old one had the actual volume number you could set it to increase and decrease on and off plane. The system settings look different, etc. Supra is now saying that the screens in the manual don't necessarily match what was actually loaded in the boat originally but I remember them all being the same. Can someone who has the original version look and see if they match so I can make a more confident statement? Thanks

These are my current screens: My system settings.JPGMy user settings.JPG

These are the manuals screens:2012 Manual user settings.JPG2012 Manual system settings.JPG
    I'm heading up to lake this weekend. I can take pics of mine. Where do I find the first pic of your current screen? The second one I am familiar with.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

It is in the utilities screen and then select system settings.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help.