Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2012 Vision Issue

My 2012 Sunsport 242's Vision system works great until I try to go into the GPS utilities and it freezes. Is there a factory reset function or a firmware update that'll fix this issue?

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?19123-Help!

Same for me but mine has issues with the Utilities. Press system settings or ballast and wake plate settings and nada.
    Dealer has called Supra. Supposed to take boat over and do firmware update.
    This is like the 3rd 2012 model now with same or similar issue.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the help - I'll be watching the other thread for updates.

I just received an email back today from Skiers telling me that we will need to do a software update on Vision dash and then recheck the system. Pretty much what I expected. Once they do the software update, Marina will probably need to do a lake test on it.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Sounds like a trend to me - Dealer just called and said they can do my firmware update next week. Will let you know if that takes care of the issue.

Firmware update fixed my issue. Funny story though - dealer called yesterday and said the display was fixed but none of the touch controls were working and they were waiting on a call back from the manufacturer and weren't sure if I would have it back by the weekend. When I called and told my wife she said "they know that isn't a touch screen don't they"? I said of course they do. Called them back to verify that they know it isn't a touch screen and service head says "of course we do". Then he called me back 10 minutes later admitting that their tech thought it was a touch screen and we are all good and ready to go. Wife now claims she fixed the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ2etc View Post
    Firmware update fixed my issue. Funny story though - dealer called yesterday and said the display was fixed but none of the touch controls were working and they were waiting on a call back from the manufacturer and weren't sure if I would have it back by the weekend. When I called and told my wife she said "they know that isn't a touch screen don't they"? I said of course they do. Called them back to verify that they know it isn't a touch screen and service head says "of course we do". Then he called me back 10 minutes later admitting that their tech thought it was a touch screen and we are all good and ready to go. Wife now claims she fixed the boat.
    Haha, that's funny. Would be awesome if actual touchscreen.
    Mine is scheduled for service on July 20th after the Supra Reunion is over. It will be great not to have to fill the bags manually so here's hoping the fix is as successful as yours. Thanks for update.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Follow up pt 2 - turns out the dealer loaded the touchscreen version of the firmware, not my passive screen so we are still without any of the automated controls. At least the screen works now but I have to drag it back 2 hrs to the dealer and let them try again. Would have been nice if they had actually tested it to make sure it worked but I guess that is too much to ask. And Supra sent them the wrong firmware link so they aren't fault free either. Oh well.

It really just can't be this hard. Vendor and Supra came back today and said that they sent dealer the correct version of the firmware and it should work. It is obvious that that isn't the case - it looks completely different, has different features, a different layout and we can't adjust any of the settings. Unbelievable that the manufacturer doesn't know what it needs. What is loaded looks absolutely completely different from the manual online too so it isn't like it is a special version loaded just on my boat.

Scratching my head.

My dealer says they must "Lake test" the boat once installed but should only take a few hours start to finish. Think I will contact them today and make sure they get the correct firmware and know what Vision Dash they are working with.

I feel your pain, I'm sure it's frustrating to have this on-going issue.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242