Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He could have lied!?!

All you can do is to ask nicely about a loaner.

Can you use w/o perfect pass? Bring it back in when the parts arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    Can you use w/o perfect pass? Bring it back in when the parts arrive.
    That was my first question, but the perfect pass is a direct linkage system. The cable broke, so there isn't any throttle at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymanator View Post
    ... he tripped as he was stepping over my engine and fell on the throttle linkage. He broke off the linkage for my perfect pass. They said they are trying to source the parts and it will most likely be another week before they can get it put back together. ... Has anyone had any experience with a shop breaking something on your boat? What did you get in return for there mishap? I don't want to be too critical I know stuff happens, but I am now out my boat for another week.
    This is why you never outsource work on your vehicles. Some surprise you're on the hook for happens caused by incompetence or carelessness, and the work is always subpar. Wouldn't hurt to request a loaner, but it better be an inboard with speed control. The few times I've outsourced anything all I've got in return for mishaps is even more inconvenience. You will nearly always get faster and better results doing work yourself.

Heck I had a transmission failure in my truck the other day and due to tight time constraints before needing it to tow the boat for vacation I wasted a full day calling and visiting various places trying to throw a pile of money their way and have a transmission within a week or so. Money no object, just want a good trans ASAP. Either nobody has cores to build, none are built and not in any rush to build them, or so far away it must be shipped and it's 2-5 days to build and another 5-10 for shipping. This just reminded me that the day I wasted was a day I could have pulled and tore down the trans and ordered parts to rebuild it. In any event, almost all my parts have arrived and I should have a rebuilt trans in the truck. Bad timing to have to do it myself, but it seems like you can't pay anyone to do anything anymore.

Not many have the skill to rebuild a trans. You could have tried the dealer GM has a Serta factory rebuilt trans that can be ordered . It will be completely rebuilt with all the updates and new hard parts to bring it up to currant specs.