Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    Hm. How many turns out on your fuel screws? Float height set?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Brand new edelbrock 1409 carb I didn't think to check float height on a brand new one since they are set from the factory. The old 1409 that I had on there had the same issues I'm having now. Idle mixture screws are both set at 3.5 turns, again that was rough bc I couldn't get the boat to idle and set my idle screw correctly.

Idle screws sound very far out. Id try 1.5 turns out from seated on both and go from there.

Double check float height. Its dead nuts easy on those.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When its running bad try putting your hand over the primary bowls of the carb . Not to seal it off just to limit the amount of air going in . If it runs better you are too lean if its worse or the same try pulling the PVC valve and allowing more air in see how it runs then.

I had problems with my 87 Sunsport running at idle speeds. I tried a new carb and all kinds of other stuff...finally a mechanic at the lake noticed my intake manifold was the problem. It was a high performance manifold designed to race at high rpms. I replaced it with an original manifold and it instantly fixed all the problems

2016 Supra SG 450
    Last edited by supra790; 07-22-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just got into town from vacation on Monday drove up to the lake house today to find that the water high still hasn't receded enough to get to the boat. The flooding on the fox river and chain o lakes have been the worst in 20 years. When the water levels go down enough to get to my boat I will check everyone's diagnosis. I really do appreciate everyone's input, time of all this rain doesn't help my cause in northern Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by 86ts6m View Post
    Just got into town from vacation on Monday drove up to the lake house today to find that the water high still hasn't receded enough to get to the boat. The flooding on the fox river and chain o lakes have been the worst in 20 years. When the water levels go down enough to get to my boat I will check everyone's diagnosis. I really do appreciate everyone's input, time of all this rain doesn't help my cause in northern Illinois.
    Where on the Fox are you at or I guess where is your boat at is a better question? Are you above or below the dam?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Where on the Fox are you at or I guess where is your boat at is a better question? Are you above or below the dam?
    Above we are up on channel lake on the chain, in Antioch. But I live in cary.

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I vote for a timing issue. Did you just replace the Dist Cap or the whole dist? When I bought my salt it would start but then wouldn't run unless it idled at 1500 rpm. thought it was the carb and I changed out the Holley for an Edelbrock but still didn't fix it. Ended up one of the springs on the dist was bad or broke... was not advancing as it should have. replaced the whole distributor with a:
    PNX-D200800
    Distributor, Marine, Plug and Play, Magnetic, Mechanical Advance, Black Cap, Chevy, Big/Small Block, Each
    (Mfr. #: D200800)

Ran like a champ after that.

If you can take your distributor apart check for any broken or bad springs.

What is your timing set at?
    image.jpg

This is that the dizzy looks like on the inside. No broken springs... one is rusty but when I push it open they spring back to normal...

Quote Originally Posted by supra790 View Post
    I had problems with my 87 Sunsport running at idle speeds. I tried a new carb and all kinds of other stuff...finally a mechanic at the lake noticed my intake manifold was the problem. It was a high performance manifold designed to race at high rpms. I replaced it with an original manifold and it instantly fixed all the problems

2016 Supra SG 450
    image.jpg
    Looks to be a stock manifold ...
    Attached Images Attached Images