Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did Photobucket commit Suicide

As most of you probably know by now Photobucket has not only stopped members from posting pics to their website unless you pay 60.00 a year . Now they have gone even farther with the removal of any pics ever posted from their website unless you pay the extortion fee of 399.99 a year . I have my pics backed up and there is no way I will pay a company a fee for a service that was offered free . This was not what I signed up for I would never have started with them if they reviled the hidden fees . There are so many other ways to store pics I would be surprised if they survive this move.

photobucket is the worst...and not only for the reasons you mention. Their website is garbage as well, the rate at which the advertising loads and spams you while on their site is ridiculous.

imgur for the win

in a panic last night I saved most of my important photos to my phone with the app. going to drop them. They have more ads then the click bait you see on facebook...
    86 Saltare

Default Did Photobucket commit Suicide

I did the same, saved all photos and then it ask you why you are closing your account and I made sure to leave all the details for how bad it's become the last year or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I get through a project I think I'm just gonna build a micro-ITX server to host my own. Photobucket has destroyed a huge amount of valuable information for various projects and restorations. I would have paid a reasonable amount to keep that, but me paying them of course wouldn't have done anything for what everyone else has made available. They burned the bridge and even if it was a penny for a lifetime subscription I wouldn't give them that. It's only a matter of time. I put pictures on there after several forums, this one included, lost pictures for whatever reason. The only way to ensure availability is to host it yourself.

So how do we upload pics now? I am trying to upload pics of my stern for a service post I started a few days ago but each time I click upload I get redirected to a blank page.

I would have never used them in the first place if I were told that at some time in the future my pics would be used to black male me for 400.00 a year. Is anyone actually paying them?

Any updates on the funeral for Photobucket? I never used them but I am pained by the loss of so much useful information on this forum and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier with 351W and swivel spotters seat

Quote Originally Posted by Boppin_Jake View Post
    So how do we upload pics now? I am trying to upload pics of my stern for a service post I started a few days ago but each time I click upload I get redirected to a blank page.
    I use imgur..but there are a few additional photo hosting sites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zroe View Post
    ...I am pained by the loss of so much useful information on this forum and others.
    ^^^^^^this!