Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I would have never used them in the first place if I were told that at some time in the future my pics would be used to black male me for 400.00 a year. Is anyone actually paying them?
    I pay $20 bucks a year for some additional storage. Never had an issue. My subscription is supposedly good till Dec. '18 My pics are STILL UP on here looking at some threads. Looking for alternatives but I guess I have time to research. Sad, been using them for nearly 10 years. I've also bought prints and canvas from their store. Guess it's time to move on.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

When they find out you are posting pics on a forum they will force you to upgrade to the 400.00 package.

Get's worse too...

I have posted hundreds of img links with PB, so I was one of the first to get dumped. I paid the $100 level, thinking that would get the linking back, only to find that "linking" is different from "3rd party hosting". I didn't get my photos back, so asked for a refund an hour after I purchased the upgrade. I wrote 15 emails before a response that "we don't give refunds, we'll set your account to turn auto renewal off next year"!

I've stopped payment, and then my pics came back! I don't expect it to last, but PB is a marketing mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    When they find out you are posting pics on a forum they will force you to upgrade to the 400.00 package.
    From their new policy page on website.
    ANY PAYING MEMBER WHOSE PLUS ACCOUNT WAS IN GOOD STANDING AS OF JUNE 1, 2017, SHALL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE ALL THE PHOTOBUCKET SERVICES THAT WERE AVAILABLE TO HIM/HER ON SUCH DATE, INCLUDING IMAGE LINKING AND 3RD PARTY IMAGE HOSTING, UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2018 AS LONG THEY MAINTAIN THEIR CURRENT PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION OR A HIGHER LEVEL PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION DURING SUCH PERIOD OF TIME.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Really a shame what PB is doing . Probably new upper management showing them how to make real money. The same holds true for satellite and cable tv and XM radio the price is so high they loose most of the subscribers then they have to charge more to the ones they have left and so on and so on. Only the government can get away with that business model. I think this is only the start for PB next year they will have a different account structure that will be even more expensive . I don't see the value in their product. Photos can easily be put on a SD card or memory stick and kept forever.

I was disappointed in this move and what it did to all the img links I've posted on various forums. I'm looking into other image hosting sites so I can move all my pictures and start over. I wonder if they will change back after enough people dump them.

Picked up this tip from bimmerforums....

quoting Dan750il on that forum, "Apparently there is a add-in for Chrome and Firefox (I think) that makes the Photobucket images visible again.
    Search for Photobucket embed fix"

Seems to be working for a couple guys there

Just FYI in case you were in bed with PB

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Picked up this tip from bimmerforums....

quoting Dan750il on that forum, "Apparently there is a add-in for Chrome and Firefox (I think) that makes the Photobucket images visible again.
    Search for Photobucket embed fix"

Seems to be working for a couple guys there

Just FYI in case you were in bed with PB
    That would be awesome, but I suppose it may just be a loophole waiting to be discovered by PB and closed. We'll see!

Meanwhile, I've found the user interface of imgur to be far better than PB ever was. It's so easy to upload 5 pics and grab ALL the links at once, for example... anyway my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    That would be awesome, but I suppose it may just be a loophole waiting to be discovered by PB and closed. We'll see!

Meanwhile, I've found the user interface of imgur to be far better than PB ever was. It's so easy to upload 5 pics and grab ALL the links at once, for example... anyway my two cents.
    I just enjoy that people are finding was around the 3rd party hosting bs that PB is bringing, even if it is just temporary. Although, it is likely to be a tennis match for a while with folks developing loop holes and PB closing them.

No doubt...imgur for the win