Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

skidim.com has some

the supertraps have a ring that screws into the transom, the pipe fits into a lip on the ring, the threaded rod sticking out the end of the pipe fits thru the ring and the traps tighten it all together with a nut on the threads. if you had already taken the traps off, the rest would have pulled apart pretty easily. otherwise, it should have stayed attached thru the transom.

i've never owned a boat with the flapper-style but have read that the traps work better.

Hmmm so I prob shouldn't have thrown away the discs for the st.
    I just dislike the looks of them. Well maybe time to invest into some nice exhaust tips. I saw the ones on skidim so would i buy a through transom mount and then have a rubber boot mate it to my exhaust?
    1987 pirata with a 454

if you check out paul's post called boat rot, he has pics of his exhaust with some sort of muffler. the pic is closer to the end, 'new floor' section maybe...going from memory

Quote Originally Posted by Txsalty
    Thanks... My son and I were talking about doing the same thing with the gunwhales. I wanted more storage... he wanted to put more speakers and LED's.... He is still dropping hints about a creative location or install of 15" sub....
    I like what you did with the teak topside... but I would never, ever, ever, ever stain the swim deck. A friend of mine did this and it's now slippery as HELL. It SUCKS!

As far as speakers.... I built a custom plexi box that basically serves as a bench for the rear seats. 4x12" with neon.... and in the ski locker are 3 amps powering those and the rest of the boat speakers. Yes. It is very loud.