Default Replacement for Clarion CMD6

Been trying to diagnose a speaker problem (cutting in and out) for the last couple of weeks and finally figured out it is bad wires coming out of the back of the stereo. Want to be able to just unplug the bad one pull it out put in the new one and replug the wires and get all the remote heads to work the same, etc. Anyone replace this unit with something else or anyone who knows more than me about marine audio have any recommendations? Don't want to have to haul the boat back 2 hours to civilization and have someone else do it if I can just find something that I can unplug/plug and they don't make the CMD6 anymore.

Thanks

CMD8. If you have remotes, its worth just double checking that your remote cables are the 8-pin version. M606 would be a better choice but im not sure if they share the same power harness. Worst case, you have to splice in the new harness.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Thanks. Looking at both on the Sonic website and they both look like the use the same harness. Would prefer the M606 because of bluetooth. Tried calling Clarion "customer service" and there is no option to actually receive any "service" -ie - you can't speak to anyone. So I called Sonic, their preferred partner, and of course they are "switching to a new service model" and you can't speak to anyone there either. Awesome!!

Anyone have any ideas on who i can call to find out if they will swap out?