Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a much shortened thread the original [ My Quick Fluff & Buff Has Gone Awry] had all the pics removed by Photobucket. This project took 1 1/2 years to complete partly because I have other boats to use and didn't need it, work and plenty of time off when things got too frustrating. Anyone that has done a stringer job will tell you its a ton of work. There are a lot of hacks out there that like this boat will cover shoddy work with decking and carpet and say its had new stringers. Bottom line any Supra older that 92 will fall into two categories those that have had new stringers and those that need new stringers. Beware of PROFESSIONAL shops that say they can do a stringer job on the cheap ? Without pictures showing everything that was done you don't know what you have under the deck

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    After the stringers,floor and carpet was done I reinstalled my resealed and detailed engine and trans. After all of this there was no way I was putting in that dated rainbow striped interior. I went with a newer Supra style interior keeping the OE look but no more rainbow.

Haha, dated interior? It's called Supra chic! I love the rainbow stripe. Don't mess with success.

Upholstery jokes aside, to the other guys on here, I've seen this boat up close and he did a terrific job. If only I could put this one in my garage and add to the collection.

The cool thing about Mr. Hunter is, he could restore a boat with new stringers, engine clean up, with new upholstery and he could do it all before lunchtime.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Dear Mr. Hunter, Could you do a cap-off on my Mariah in say 6 months? Boy that boat looks great, really nice work! I agree with Mischief IV- I like the rainbow stripes myself! Hats off to you!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Sorry the only way I would do another stringer job is if I found a Conbrio in the same colors as my sunsport. For me its a labor of love too much time and work to do for money.