Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The bend speaks to some strong fiberglass. Impressive. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

No signs of any fiberglass damage! No stress fractures in the gelcoat inside or out! Almost all of the bolts were not completely tight - I'm reluctant to call them loose though. The front looks to have been worked on before and was sealed with clear silicone that has long since degraded - probably source of a small leak - and the rear was stuck on good with what acts like 5200. They'll both go back on with 5200 when I'm done.

I could probably straighten the rear fin, but the front is cracked, and even if it wasn't, it would crack while trying to straighten. I'll replace both if i can get my hands on them.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Good news! I think.

I called Marine Hardware this morning and spoke with Ron. He was able to go right to a part number that seemed close. Gave me some dimensions and it seemed slightly different that what I had measured (with a tape measure, so i doubted myself). He sent a drawing so that I could verify when i got home tonight, and probably still have time to get an order in since they're on the west coast. As far as pricing goes, he suggested that I might get a better price in the end through Bakes or skidim, so I emailed both. Right off the bat, Richard at skidim knew that it was the wrong part. He said that Skier's choice still has (and uses) the same part and it is not made by Marine Hardware at all! Now I have 2 Supra OEM fins on the way from the factory in TN via SKIDIM.com! I probably could have called Skiers Choice and ordered directly, but SKIDIM deserves their cut for putting me on the right track! Not only were they cheaper than anyone's price for the Marine Hardware parts, but they are drop shipped from outside of Knoxville, so 1 day UPS to me for next to nothing, versus UPS 3 day from Washington State!

SKIDIM to the rescue once again!
    Korey Morris -

Glad this worked out for you.

Thanks for the info. Good to know they still make these exact tracking fins.

Way to go Skidim.

The parts arrived from Skiers Choice last night, and - as expected - they're perfect!

SC part number 102820 if anyone ever ends up in the same spot as me!
    20170901_104133.jpg
    Korey Morris -

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    The parts arrived from Skiers Choice last night, and - as expected - they're perfect!

SC part number 102820 if anyone ever ends up in the same spot as me!
    20170901_104133.jpg
    This is super helpful