Thread: 2018 Supra SL

Default 2018 Supra SL

Love the look of this new Supra model. Was about to pull the trigger, But what gives with the 2x2 flat screen. The most technologically advanced boat is industry lagging in the flat screen department. Most other competitors have at least 10 inch screen for easy viewing.

I think it's bigger than 2x2 and to mean the dash on the Supra is the cleanest looking dash of them all. And they maintain a redundancy in the event the screen fails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

I've had three boats now from a different boat company with screen/electronic interface. Never had a screen failure or blip in six years. And I disagree the dash on the Supra is the most cluttered dash of them all. Redundant speed, tach, xtra switches.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I can't stand the natique dash how the screen is off center and there is nothing there. The Malibu dash looks like that screen was a complete after thought (they may have fixed this on newer models)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Yeah I hear ya, every boat has its quirks. Just was ready to order the SL and to see the highly tauted most technologically advanced Supra still come with its old screen and plethora of backup on backup switches and dials was a deal breaker. Maybe next yr��

Quote Originally Posted by Capdoogie View Post
    Yeah I hear ya, every boat has its quirks. Just was ready to order the SL and to see the highly tauted most technologically advanced Supra still come with its old screen and plethora of backup on backup switches and dials was a deal breaker. Maybe next yr��
    I agree with RD on this one, I like the switches and not everything tied to one screen. I've driven a Nautique this year. Can't stand screen off to right side down low. Also, if you are on different page and not home screen and you don't check gas gauge, you will run out in Nautique. No warning.

I have the Vision, it is larger than 2x2 and I'm sure the updated 2018 is a lot nicer yet. I like switches cause I can easily see what position they are in and also have someone flip them on or off without having to use a touchscreen. They are more convenient than turning on boat and having to then press functions.

Thing to do is test drive the SL and see if what the boat performs like. For $125k, I wouldn't jump on it just because it new and shiny. It has some cool features but the dash would be my last concern.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Well I'm warming up to the redundancy switches. Sat in 2018 se for quite awhile today. Maybe not quite the same as SL model, but close. Still wish screen was a little bigger for us older can't see anymore buyers. Wish Supra would of gone to the 17" prop and new tranny ratio like Malibu, centurion and nautique have gone to. But, SL is still first on my demo list when it comes in.
    Last edited by Capdoogie; 08-28-2017 at 08:26 AM.